Chapter 6:

~Renesmee's POV~

Max went home. It's all my fault, I've hurt him with what I said.
I was supposed to fight with him for our feelings, but I did the opposite.
I gave up like a coward, now I'm paying for it.
My phone started ringing.
"Hello?" I answered unsure, because it was an private number.
"Hello is this family of Mr. Callaghan?" The person asked
"I'm his daughter's bestfriend" I answered "Why?"
"Well, Mr. Callaghan got into a serious accident, he got hit by a drunk truck driver and he was drunk too.. And we found your number saved as 'Babe<3' So we thought you were his girlfriend"
I started tearing up "H-How is h-he?" I asked, my voice breaking.
"To be honest, he's pretty bad, please come to the St. Elisabeth hospital as soon as possible, the doctor will give you more info here"
"Y-Yeah, I'm o-on my way" I said. I turned around and saw Matt and Mel coming to me.
"What happened" Matt asked when he saw my face,
"Max got into a car accident and he is pretty bad, we need to go to the hospital as soon as possible" I said
"M-My d-dad?" Mel asked "N-No! I can't lose him too" She said crying.
"Let's go" Matt said, we got into my car and raced to the hospital.

When we got there, we raced to the receptionist.
"Maxwell Callaghan, please" I asked her. She looked through some papers.
"He got out of surgery" She said "His right leg is broken and he has a concussion"
"Can we see him?" Mel asked shaking
"Not right now.. But he is awake" She said. We nodded.
Matt and Mel walked to the waiting room.
"Can I write him a letter?" I asked
"Yes of course dear, I'll make sure I give it to him" She said handing me a pen and paper.
I smiled "Thank you" I said and started writing.

Max,
I'm so so sorry about everything, I know it's my fault you're in here.
I'm so sorry about what happened today Max, please forgive me.
I know you probably hate me right now and you have every right to L
When the hospital called me and told me you had an accident, I swear my heart stopped, my world came crashing down as I thought the worse.
Max, I'll be here for you. When you go home, we need to talk, seriously.
Hope you get this letter and you can forgive me for hurting you the way I did.

I love you. xoxo –Renesmee..

I put it in the envelope and gave it to the receptionist.
"Thank you" I said again and walked off to Matt and Mel.  

Few days later, me, Matt and Mel were on our way to the hospital to go pick Max up. I'm so nervous to see him.
We arrived to the hospital and we walked to his room, he was sitting on his bed with his right foot in a cast and his crutches next to his bed.
He looked up when he heard us coming. When our eyes met, I looked down.
"Wassup brother?" Matt asked
"Rolling" He answered
Mel went and hugged him tightly "You scared me dad" She said "Promise me, you will never scare me like that again"
"I'm sorry baby" Max replied hugging her back. "And I promise, love"
The nurse came in with a wheelchair for Max so we could bring him to the car.
We grabbed his things and we walked to the car. Matt helped him inside while me and Mel got into the backseat.
We headed to Max' house, when we got there, Max got out with his crutches and 'walked' to his room. I just stayed downstairs in the kitchen, I wasn't ready to face him yet. I really feel bad about this whole situation.
Mel and Matt came downstairs. Matt looked at me and nodded. I gave him a small smile.
"Ness, my dad wanted Mac&Cheese, will you help me with it? You know I can't cook" Mel asked
I laughed "Yeah sure"
We made Mac&Cheese for Max when Mel's phone rang.
She picked it up and talked to someone then hung up.
"Ness, it was Jordan, he wants to meet up right now, can you give this to my dad and tell him I'll be right back? And can you please stay with him"
I nodded "Yeah, no problem"
"Thanks babe" Mel said running to grab her car keys.
I grabbed the Mac&Cheese and walked to Max' room with it. I suddenly was so nervous standing outside his room door.
I knocked on the door and he said to come in. I walked in and he was sitting on his bed with his MacBook in his lap.
"Yeah Jer, do those transactions for me and send me the checks so I can sign them alright?" Max said to the laptop
"Alright.. I'll do the transactions as soon as possible and send the checks for you" I heard Jer said.
"Alright man, thank you. Talk to you later" Max said closing his MacBook.
He put it next to him on the bed and looked up at me.
"How are you?" I asked him softly.
"Good, working" He said with a small smile.
I gave him the Mac&Cheese.
"Thank you" He said softly.
I nodded "No problem" I said back. Okay, this is extremely awkward.
"I got your letter" He suddenly said, taking a bite of the Mac&Cheese.
I looked at him surprised. "Y-You did?"
He nodded and patted the bed for me to sit. I sat down.
He put the fork back in. "Look Ness" He said taking a deep breath looking at me "I don't hate to alright, I'm just- I'm just hurt you know" He said.
I looked down, I couldn't look at him in the eyes right now and see all the hurt I've caused him.
"Ness look at me" He said
I shook my head no.
"Please Ness, look at me"
I looked up at him and our eyes met. "I knew this was going to be hard when I made the choice to confess my feelings to you" He said "But I didn't expect you to give up on us that easily" Max said "And that had hurt me the most, knowing you gave up on us without even trying to fight for us" He took a deep breath. "Look, I know you're worried about Mel and trust me, I am too but we can get through this, but together Ness. But if you really don't want this I'm not going to force you, I'll understand you. But do you wanna be with me?"
I nodded slowly. Max stretched his hand for me to grab. I grabbed his hand and he intertwined our fingers together.
He was looking into my eyes, he pulled me closer to him, making me lay next to him on his bed.
I put my head on his chest and I heard his heart beating fast.
He kissed my forehead softly. "I love you too Ness" He whispered in my ear.
I smiled widely, I looked up and him and he was looking down at me.
Our lips accidently touched. He put his hand on my cheek and pulled me closer kissing me softly and passionately.