THIRTYONE {Bad News For Blake}

"So Stay Away From Me"

{Blake's P.O.V}

I sat in a blue folding chair in the training room, once again, waiting for Roy to say something as he examined my knee. Small sharp pains would spark up whenever he would turn it to one side or the other. I clenched my teeth as he moved my knee, making sure he couldn't see the pain.

"It's still swollen" He states as he gets up and writes something down on a piece of paper "Have you been running on it still?"

It felt wrong to only be able to do a quarter of everything we did at practice and then go home and sit around to do nothing. So I would go on runs. Just around my neighborhood and sometimes a nearby park. I knew Roy told me not to, but it felt wrong to just sit around when I could be working on something.

"A bit, nothing too serious," I tell him, trying to brush it off.

"Blake," He sighs out "You gotta rest. This isn't going to get better if you don't rest"

"I'm not even running, I'm barely jogging-"

"It doesn't matter, your not in a good position right now. I fear that this might get bearable for a period of time, and you might think you can play on it, but if we look at this in the long run it's cutting off the years of your career"

I didn't know what to think just yet, so I kept talking. "What does that mean?"

"It means that we need to take some big steps," He says "I'm taking you out for the rest of the season inevitably and am going to recommend you a doctor for different possibilities of surgery"

"What?"

It had settled in now, even though I pretended it didn't.

"You're out for the rest of the season, we can't risk making things worse"