TWELVE {Pizza On The Floor}

"I Got Enough Sense, And I Slipped Through The Cracks"

{Shay's P.O.V}

"We'll talk about arrangements later," Tom says to Demar as we got up from our seats in Tom's office "But we'll meet again tomorrow at the same time?"

"Of course," Demar says with a full-on smile plastered onto his face.

It was a short meeting, still not confirming anything, but still enough for me to still feel a way about the whole situation.

Tom was still considering giving part-time ownership to Demar, despite me being clear about my opinions about him. The possibility of  Demar working alongside both me and Tom was slowly coming into view as a possible reality.

"I have to go to another meeting but you have a good day," Tom says as he picked up his briefcase and started out the doors.

"You too!" Demar called back, leaving me and him to pack up our papers and leave.

I only had seconds to think about my execution of my next move before Demar got up and left. I needed to be strategic and careful about what I said and how I said it to him.

"I'm going to head out," He says "It was nice seeing both of you again"

"I can walk you out" I offer him nonchalantly as if I was just being polite.

"Sure," He says "I would like that"

I smile as I grab my folder "I wouldn't want you getting lost in this madness of a jungle" I say to him as we start to walk out.

Even though Demar wasn't an overall annoying person, somehow there were just little things he did that just went the wrong way with me. I hid it, keeping my clean slate impression with him, even though I had to eternally look away every other time he opened his mouth.

I knew I didn't have much time with the guy, so my words needed to be short, but impactful.

I sealed my poker face before speaking up, making sure everything was set and ready.