NINE {The New Meat}

"That Athlete Must Be Worth To His Owners, Billions Of Dollars"

{Shay's P.O.V}

"This is a good thing," Tom tells me as we speed-walked back to his office, down the grey hallway of the office section of the arena, with two of Tom's secretary's scurrying by his side. "I want you to treat it as such, Demar is going to be here in a couple of hours for the game and then we'll have our meeting about ownership after that. We can talk about everything in a professional manner then"

I held back my eye roll with the power of fifty demons as I tried to keep up with the on-the-go man "We don't need another owner to add to this team, we're doing phenomenal without anyone else" I try and reason with him again.

"Exactly," Tom says "Imagine what we could do with him"

"That was not my point." I tell him sternly.

He chuckled knowing he was getting on my nerves "He's not a bad guy, that's why I'm giving him a chance, just like I gave you a chance"

"You did that because I'm actually good for the team"

"He could be good for the team too," He says as we come to a stop at his office doors "So give him a chance before you bite his head off"

I sigh, trying to not come across as too child-like in the situation.

He was about to walk into his office with both secretaries, finally leaving me, but stopped "I almost forgot" He says "I want you to sit with me and Demar courtside tonight"

"What?" I ask a bit in shock.

"I want both owners to sit with him tonight during the game"

"Your kidding."

"I could never," He says all smiles "I'll see you later"

I understood his reasoning, but that didn't take away from the fact that I was not happy about it. I could deal with it, but I wasn't going to be happy about it.