FIVE {In Co-Owner Fashion}

"There's This Notion I Have To Sink"

{Blake's P.O.V}

It was the first time I had seen the arena this empty on the court. All the seats were empty and bare. That being said there were still people roaming around the empty court getting ready for the game that was set to start at eight. But it was still more than peaceful compared to a full arena of people screaming and cheering.

I was warming up on the court with Andre and some other guys, talking with Andre and Tara- who stood on the sidelines- between shoots. We've talked a lot since I've got here, and they've made me feel like I've been here for months instead of a week.

"Hey Tara!" Andre called out with a ball in his hands "Catch!" He said as he threw the orange ball right at her.

"Shoot it," He said as she stood on the edge of the court, both of her hands on the ball.

She grinned as she dribbed in onto the court and went up against Andre. He guarded her lightly, making sure she still had a chance at a shot, and let her get past to go in for a layup.

She ran up to the hoop and let the ball fly up into the air and hit the backboard just for it to bounce away, not even touching the rim.

"You didn't see that," She told him as she bounced the ball back to him.

Andre hid his laugh "Don't worry, it was probably just them long old nails you got on, it was a good shot"

"Of course it was," Tara said with a little attitude

Tara and Andre went back and forth with the ball, playing around as I watched them while I worked on my own shot. It was all muscle memory, how I brought the ball up as I bent my knees, and then shot it as my eyes stayed hooked on the rim of the hoop. It went in, and made that effortless swoosh sound.

The ball fell down just as it went up, and bounced off-court, rolling over to another somewhat familiar face. Shay.

She glanced at the ball before looking back up at me from the sidelines. "Nice shot"