[The Countdown Interlude]

{Shay's P.O.V}

"So I guess it's happening," Marley says to me from across the bar "Shay Mitchell's gonna finally become owner of this damn team"

I smiled as I lightly sipped on my drink. "It almost feels weird for it to finally happen, it's just been so long since when I first got here"

"Does it feel good?"

I pause to feel the feeling. "It does"

"Good," He chuckles "I would hope that it would for all the nights that you would come down and complain about it"

"I never complained, just vented"

"Is that what you call it?"

"Yes." I give him a look.

"Well I hope everything goes well on Friday," He says while wiping down the counter.

Friday was when we were having the Gala. It was only in two days. It felt like it was coming at me way too fast but at the same time, two days felt way too long. I was excited, but I made sure not to let it go too far in my head.

This was the last time I would see Marley before my new status, and it was bittersweet. It's not like I was going to coming down to see him during halftime, I would see him next week, but it was the memories of my time as co-owner that I had down at this bar with him.

I did a lot of 'venting' in my words here at this bar with Marley. I would always come down here and tell him everything. I remember coming down here to talk about Blake's trade, back when we didn't even think we could get him out here.

It was bittersweet, but it's what I wanted.

"Looks like they're gonna start soon" Marley says nodding towards the TV.

The screen lit up with the stat's from everyone from the night thus far. I saw Blake right next to all the numbers, just like he was in real life, except you couldn't see how tall he really was in real lie on the screen.

 "I guess I'll see you next week then"

He smiled, "I guess you will"

I slid him his tip under my empty glass and got up from my chair. "Have a good night"

"You too, and try to have fun out there, I can see that cold-blooded killer face you got on out there you know"

"How can you even see me out there?"

"It's the new contacts," He says pointing to his eyes.

I was sitting courtside tonight. If this was my last game night as co-owner I wanted to fully be there. I didn't mind it if it was going to be my last, in fact, I think I was enjoying it.

I was ready for Friday. Counting down the days until that night.