SEVEN {Glass Ceilings}

"The Peace and Solitary

"The Peace and Solitary."

{Shay's P

{Shay's P.O.V}

"And don't forget to meet with our front office to touch base on Tuesday so they're not two pages in front of us" Tom tells me as he goes down his list of things to remind of before he leaves for another business trip.

He left often, so I knew what to do- and I also knew what to do because I worked here, which he somehow forgot every time he called me to his office to go down the same list.

I felt like I was underestimated by him as I sat across from him and his pristine glass desk covered in papers and files. I often had the feeling whenever I was around him, like he was oblivious to the entire team that I carried by myself most of the time.

"I always do that anyway, if you recall, so that again won't be an issue," I tell him in a slightly frustrated tone.

He looked up at me from his stack of papers "No, because, if you recall, I'm in charge of those meetings, even though you're there with me- I still lead them. So when I'm gone, you will be leading those meetings"

I wouldn't fight with him about it, we were both tired and we'd always go in circles when we did.

"Anything else?" I ask, wanting to wrap it up.

"Just that you don't burn anyone alive while I'm gone," He says as he held his hands together and leaned onto the desk.

"I'll try my best." I sarcastically say.

"Fantastic, that's all I could ask for"

It didn't sit right with me that I was still second in line. No matter what happened, when it happened- it always had to go through Tom before it came to me. It wasn't how I intended it or how I envisioned my time here being.