THIRTYTHREE {The Reunion}

"♛♛♛"

"♛♛♛"

{Shay's P

{Shay's P.O.V}

It was strange seeing Blake face to face. He looked the same but his presence felt different. He had more of a beard on his face, just a clean stubble that highlighted his jawline.

I watched him carefully as he opened the elegant wine bottle from the sleek wooden table we sat at.

We were in a private room, just me and him and different kinds of paintings of fruit that hung on the wall.

"So," He starts as he pours the scarlet liquid in my wine glass and then his. "You're coming back"

"I am," I say smoothly, investing myself in listening to his voice and all the deep tones it had. It had been so long since I had heard his voice. It filled up the room when he spoke, demanding dominance. I wished my voice could do that, call attention without standing up or needing to yell. To just start talking and attract everyone's attention.

"Did it really just take one phone call from Tara to convince you?" He asks.

"That's the short answer," I say as I pick up the glass and examine the edges of it.

"It's not poisonous you know," He says.

I look up back at him and meet his eyes that were trying to send bullets through mine. "I know, I was just checking"

The tension was thick in the room. It felt as if either one of us could jump up and lash out at the other. It was clear that things hadn't fully settled down from ten months ago. We both had grudges, mainly him, but I didn't know any other way to act than this.

"So you really think you can just walk back in like you own the place?"

"I don't think it will be easy, but I'll make it work"

"How?" He asks directly "I could only imagine how Tom would react to see you again, let alone seeing you try to get back the team"

"He'll have to deal with it" I shrug.