EIGHT {The Scent Of New Meat}

"Ain't Nobody Finna Do Me Any Type Of Way"

{Shay's P.O.V}

After Tom left for his business trip, the week was a somewhat peaceful and quiet one- contrast to what it normally would be. It wasn't perfect, but it was better. I hadn't even seen Andre or Tara much either, they poped in when they could but were still busy due to other away games they had to go to.

But nonetheless, the week went by fast and Tom had arrived back from New York.

"I'm very surprised," Tom tells me as we sat in an empty grey and glass meeting room, just the two of us "I didn't think the building would still be standing once I came back"

"Very funny," I say lining up my papers neatly on the long and sleek table "With you gone I think the arena has never seen better"

"I'm not so sure about that," He says "Have you been watching our games still?" He then asks.

"It's kind of my job to watch our games," I tell him bluntly.

"Technically you don't have to, but I asked because I've seen a difference on the court with Blake"

"Me too" I admitted. It was nice to see this new kind of change bleed out onto the court. Blake was a good player, and it showed. "But I think we still need a good draft spot to really secure our spot in next years playoffs"

"What about this year?"

"You really think if we did make the playoffs that we would go anywhere?" I ask him.

"We could," Tom tells me "We have Blake, we have the keystone of the team"

"The keystone can't do anything if we don't have any other good stones," I remind him "As always the goal is to at least get to the playoffs, but I don't think we have a chance of making any big moves until next year with the draft"