THIRTEEN {The Power Game}

"I'm Focused On The Future, Don't Care 'Bout Nothin' Else"

{Shay's P.O.V}

It was strange how the days felt longer but were going by faster. Every day it got colder than the day before, and crisper than the morning before. The vibrant fall colors were fading away into dull toned browns. I stared down at the soon to be colorless world through the crystal clear floor to ceiling windows in Tom's office as I sat across from him at his desk.

    "But what do you think we should do?" Tom asks me, zoning me back into our conversation.

    "I think we're in a good place right now," I say, my eyes focusing back on him "We should just lay low for the rest of the season and slowly start building around the core of what we have"

    Tom nods. "I agree, I think having Blake come out here was a great decision on our behalf and we should just let him flourish and get him used to the Detroit air"

    I couldn't lie, Blake was doing good things for us on the court. We had been winning more of our games at a more consistent rate and slowly making our way up from the trenches.

"I'm surprised at the results, I didn't think things would be moving along this fast"

"We lucked out," Tom says honestly.

We did. It wasn't easy getting Los Angeles to part with their cover boy and send him all the way out here. It was a feat both me and Tom were proud of.

"Anything else before I go?" I ask.

"Actually," He starts "You would be glad to know, that Demar will not be working with us"

My heart fluttered, and I almost wanted to smile, but I kept my composure. "You changed your mind?" I question him, wondering what the real reason was.

"No, but apparently he did. He finally emailed me back the other day and told me something had come up and he wasn't in a position to work with us or the team anymore"