THIRTY {The Phone Call}

"Can You Let It Go?"

{Shay's P.O.V}

"I'm glad you've made it almost a week alive," I say to Andre over the phone as I sat on my couch looking out the window while we talked. It had only been a matter of days since Andre left for Ohio from his trade and I missed him more than I thought I would.

I was heartbroken when I heard the news, but it made me feel better talking to him over the phone throughout the day. I missed him, especially because we had just reconnected, but hearing him happy and alive gave me comfort. It was only the older sister in me that was worried.

"Me too, I gotta go, but I call you back later today, okay?"

"Okay, talk to you then."

We said our goodbyes and I was alone yet again.

I forgot that it was just me in the large penthouse I lived in. I've thought about actually getting a house, but that would mean leaving the heart of the city, and here I was right in the middle of it. I'm not sure if I could leave the view and the sound of cars putting me to sleep every night. That could take some time.

I was mad at Tom that he traded Andre. I was mad that it was once again him taking things away from me. Andre came back for me and stayed with me, and yet he was gone now. I don't think I ever realized how much I did like Andre, how I liked it whenever he made the trip up to my office just to talk with me. I took it for granted.