TWENTYSIX {Dinner With A (Best) Friend}

"Were you looking for me?"

"No, why would I be looking for you?"

"Because you were probably lonely without your best friend,"

{Shay's P.O.V}

Warmth hugged my cheeks when I walked into the restaurant from the bitter cold of the winter. It was warm and bright inside, the sound of people talking among each other buzzed around the building. I took my gloves off before talking to a waiter who escorted me to the table Andre had already reserved for us.

After Andre called me, I agreed to have dinner with him to talk things over, although I didn't fully want to. I wasn't sure if I was fully ready for that kind of conversation, but I decided to just bite the bullet and see how it would go.

He was looking down at a menu before he saw me, his face relaxed and calm. "Hey," I say, coming off softer than I normally would. I hadn't talked or used my voice in hours which almost made me almost forget how to use it.

He looked up and beamed. "Well would you look at who showed up"

I softly smiled as I took my seat across from him. I wasn't quite sure how to feel about this going into it. I knew Andre had questions and wanted answers, but I wasn't sure if I was ready to give out answers. I didn't even want to talk about anything to do with the situation, but for the sake that it was Andre, it made me have some compassion.

"I'm on time, so don't complain that I'm late, because I'm not"

"I know, I know, I'm just glad your here," He says.

"Me too."

"How are you?" He asks as he puts the menu back down on the smoked out wooden table "For real this time"

"I'm fine," I tell him, even though I knew I wasn't entirely on the level of fine yet.

"Are you?" He asks, not believing me.