Chapter 7.

I thought about calling the police straight away but I couldn't bring myself to do it.

I also couldn't sleep the whole night. I was insanely terrified about what I saw that I went to Joanna's room multiple times, knocking and attempting to open her door but she was fast asleep and her door was locked.

I spent the whole night watching stupid YouTube videos to calm myself down, occasionally going back to my window to check if no one was there.

I felt an urge to block KingdOmKyle from my profile but knowing that he might know where I live, made me more terrified.

I knew that if he was the guy outside my apartment, he would be angry, which is something I didn't want from him considering he knew where I lived.

I read our conversation a thousand times, convinced that the person behind the profile knew me in some way.

I was wide awake in my bed, watching Rick and Morty on YouTube to clear my mind but it didn't help.

What do I do?

If I close my profile on WeCAM, I wouldn't know how to help my family financially. WeCAM gave me one of the best incomes which helped me to pay my bills and help take care of the people I only cared about.

My mind started seeing my mother's face. She was so vulnerable and sensitive, completely too fragile for this world. Ever since our Dad left, she wasn't herself anymore.

My father stopped taking care of us when he dropped the divorce letters on my mom.

He stopped sending money and helping with our studies. Everything was so intense for my mom that she developed depression and anxiety which caused her to lose her job.

Now she was taking care of me and my lowlife Older brother, Jonathan and Megan, my fifteen-year-old baby sister.

My brother bounced from job to job when he graduated, not helping or contributing to anything, meanwhile, money was running low.

I wondered why my mom didn't kick him out of the house already.

My mom treated Jonathan like he wasn't a twenty-seven-year-old adult.
That kind of treatment towards my stupid brother made me resent her a lot, which made me want to leave home and study somewhere far from them.

I couldn't stand her babying him and feeding him when he was out partying and coming home late.

My poor mommy having to clean his disgusting puke in our front yard and run him a bath on days he came home completely wasted.

Seriously? What is with mothers and their sons?

I can never understand that.

Seeing this behaviour, I was determined to finish school with good grades, and luckily scoring a scholarship at the University of Arts.

I told myself I would study hard and work to help my mother and little sister. I remember working after school every day while I was still in the 10th grade at a hardware store to help my mom with bills while my brother did nothing!

I learned to take care of myself at a young age.
I used the money to buy groceries and sometimes give my baby sister pocket money when she went out with her friends at the mall.