Chapter 11.

"Stacy, do you have a crush on Kyle?" Eric asked with a playful smile.

"Ew" Joanna exclaimed

"What? She's been asking about him all night" Eric explained

"So that means I like him?" I asked, surprised.

"Well, Joanna is asking about Jordan and she likes him and you're asking about Kyle because

"Well, Joanna is asking about Jordan and she likes him and you're asking about Kyle because..." he trailed off, raising his eyebrows as if it was obvious.

"I don't like Jordan, he's a friend" Joanna rolled her eyes.

"Right" Eric nodded his head "so why are you guys asking about them?"

"Because we can, and between you and me, Stacy's interest in Kyle has nothing to do with her liking him" Joanna clarified.

"If you say so" Eric still had a mischievous smile on his face, looking at me as if I would give in and confess my dying adoration for Kyle.

Kyle had a girlfriend and that was the most surprising information of the night. I couldn't believe he had a girlfriend while he sent me money and played petty games with me.

What is he up to?

I didn't want to ask Eric any more questions about my ongoing curiosity. He would think I'm crushing on Kyle hard.

"Either way, Stacy has been single for what? Two years? I think it's good she likes someone for once because..."

"Because what?" I demanded

Eric looked at Joanna then back at me, analysing the situation.

"Because what Eric?" I implored.

"Well, everyone thinks you're lesbian" Eric admitted

I laughed out loud "you're such a liar, no one thinks that"

I looked at Joanna but she didn't defend me

"Right? No one thinks that"

Silence

"Oh come on! You can't be serious?!" I laughed in disbelief. There was no way people thought that about me.

Sure, I haven't had a boyfriend or been on a date since high school but that's purely a choice I made.

"Listen" Eric started "I don't care if you're lesbian--"

"I'm not lesbian"

"You're not listening" Eric took a deep breath "anyways, I think it's good you're showing some interest in a human being and developing some feelings, it's a good thing"

I rolled my eyes and decided to not entertain Eric on his allegations. If people thought that, then so be it.

After 90 days fiance, we spent chatting and watching some movies before Eric called it a night and left.