Chapter 8.

"Oh my god!" Joanna exclaimed loudly, almost swaying to the wrong lane. "Outside our apartment?" She turned to look at me, taking her sunglasses off and moving them to her head.

I nodded my head and blew out the smoke from my cigarette out the window.
"And then I got a message from KingdOmKyle saying "goodnight baby sweet dreams"

"At the same time?" She questioned with eyes as big as an owl. I nodded my head again, taking another drag from my cigarette.

"Did you see what he looked like?" Joanna asked, concern flooding her face.

I shook my head and told her it was too dark to figure that out but mentioning that he was a skinny figure, around the same height and weight as Kyle.

The stalker in question.

"You've got to call the police," she said, her voice high pitched with shock.

I sighed. Even if I wanted to, I couldn't. What was I gonna say? I could imagine the cops questioning me and asking if there's anything I've done to warrant this behaviour.

WeCAM is the only thing that could cause this kind of stalker tendencies.

"Joanna I was hoping you were gonna say I'm being dramatic, maybe I'm paranoid or maybe it was the gardener..." I trailed off trying to make light of the situation but she wasn't having it.

"Gardener at 1 am Stacy?" She rolled her eyes "Oh god, why didn't you come to get me?" She accused.

"I knocked on your door five hundred times and you didn't answer" I shot back, accusing her instead.

"Oh stop being so dramatic" she huffed, grabbing her sunglasses and wore them as the sun got brighter "the weed we smoked last night made me pass out, it's not my fault" she turned the accusation back to me.

I rolled my eyes and threw the cigarette bud out the window and pulled my legs against my chest "listen, I'm not calling the police, as far as I know, Jordan's buddy is a creep"

I mentioned Jordan's name so she can redirect her brain from thinking about the police. I kinda felt bad about it. I knew Jordan name was the last thing she wanted to hear right now.

"Right, I'm gonna talk to him about that" she sighed in exasperation.

"What are you gonna say?" I asked curiously.

Joanna was never the type to be confrontational but I guess her argument with Jordan made her bold but at the same time made me a bit nervous.

"I'll figure it out, but I'm not talking to him or allowing him and his weird friend in our apartment again" she announced and I nodded my head.