Chaper 14.

It turns out while I was being cordial with Kyle upstairs, Joanna was mending things back with Jordan downstairs.

With the help of Liam.

Everything didn't make sense when Eric stayed back at the party which resulted in Jordan driving Us home while Kyle followed behind with his car.

And now, Joanna and Jordan were back as if nothing had happened.

I wondered if the little minutes I spent with Kyle made that much of a difference.

The only thing that made sense about tonight was Jordan's bruised face on his right cheek which I could see even in the dark.

Jordan got in a full-blown fight with Yoseph shortly after Kyle and I went upstairs.

I felt like I missed an entire episode of Joanna and Jordan's mini-drama and the actual drama that went down tonight.

Despite the confusion of my two friends talking and mending things, I felt a little bit awkward driving back home with them.

Jordan kept playing his favorite 80s love songs for Joanna and my Lovestruck friend was into it, or she pretended to because I knew this wasn't her style of music.

I couldn't help but wish I had driven with Kyle but Joanna wouldn't let me and now I regret not fighting back.

I had Ethan's book in my purse and this would be the perfect moment to see Kyle's facial expression when I gave it to him

I looked back at the car behind us, a red dented Toyota car, nothing fancy or expensive but it had something interesting about it, something about its simplicity that made it unique.

If I had a car, it would probably have the same style as Kyles or maybe a Mini Cooper.

They're so underrated.

Kyle flickered his lights as an indication that he could see me through the darkness. I waved pack awkwardly and quickly looked to the front.

Ugh, why did I do that?

When we made it back home, Jordan and Joanna went inside while Kyle waited outside his car for Jordan.

"Hey, thanks for helping me earlier,"

He said as I approached his car. I smiled and fished out the book from my purse and watched Kyle's eyes enlarge when he glanced at the book

"Here" I handed him the book with a smile on my face.

Kyle hesitated before grabbing the book slowly
"Did you steal this?" He interrogated.

I chuckled and wiggled my head "no, Ethan told me to give it to you"

Kyle crinkled his brows but nodded his head and thanked me for the book. He opened his car and placed it on his front seat.

Jordan stepped out of our apartment with a smile on his face and when he saw me, he looked uneasy suddenly.

Jordan hasn't talked to me ever since the fight with Joanna.

I was irritated that he didn't try to speak to me despite being friends but I knew he thought since Joanna and I are best friends, I'd automatically not speak to him because of her but that wasn't true.

I mean, I would've listened to what he had to say.

"90 days fiancé this week?" Jordan announced as a form of an apology and I rolled my eyes at him.