Chapter 8: Apartment

Previously:

We carried on walking and making general chat chat until we made it to my apartment

"This is me," I took a pause, "Do you want to come In?"

Wow I really just asked him if he wanted to come in.

"Yes!" Dylan exclaimed taking out a deep breath as if he was wanting me to say that. Then he followed me. We walked up the stairs of the building and made it to my apartment.

I unlocked the door and walked inside, "Sorry its small,"

"I like it. Its nice and feels like a home," He complimented.

"Thanks! Make yourself comfortable," I gave him a warm smile and pointed to the couch.

He walked over and sat right in the middle.

"So how long have you lived here?" Dylan asked as he crossed his legs.

I made my way over the the kitchen, "Wow um... A couple of years after I moved out of  college. Want a drink?"

"Yeah sure, whatever your having is fine," He replied.

"Well in going to have a drink for how awkward this is going," I laughed and grabbed a cold beer from the fridge.

"Well let's talk then, grab me one too though!"

Quickly, I got another on and sat next to him on the couch with a smile.

"Okay, what do you want to talk about?"  I quirried.

"You! I want to know the person I've tried so hard to find," He answered and looked at me.

"Ask me anything," I opened up the bottle and took a sip.

"Okay, let's start with the deep stuff!"

This was going to be a long night.

"The deep stuff? I repeated what he said. "What kind of deep stuff? Maybe I have secrets." A small smirk appeared on my face.

"What? Do you have something to hide?" A curious tone came in his voice.

"Don't we all?" I chuckled.

"Like what I was saying the deep stuff."

"The deep stuff?" I said for the 100th time.

"Yeah... " He replied.

"Uh oh like what?"

"What's you favourite colour?" 

"Well now you have stepped over the line," We laughed.

"Really though. What Is it?" He asked.

"Black, it looks like a plain colour but when you look further into it it is full of different colours that make up the blackness." I explained, "What about you?"

"Green, like the wildlife and all of the nature looks so pretty,"

Me and Dylan got to know each other better like how he has a sister named Julia.

I looked over at the clock on the wall, "Wow is it really 2am already!"

"That went fast, I should go," He agreed.

"Yeah you should," Then I stood up from the couch and looked at Dylan who was still sitting.

He stood up next to me with a smile. Because he was taller than me I looked up at him.

"Yeah umm," He trailed off and inched forward until we were almost touching.  I continued looking at him as he done the same. Dylan moved more closer to me so our chests were touching. Then he leaned in more while we never broke eye contact.