Chapter 42: Waiting Patiently

-Aria's POV -

I put the flowers Dylan got me in a vase. Me and Addison were due to go back home tomorrow so I had to make today count.

It was getting harder to stay away from Dylan. Even Tyler said Brenda hasn't left him alone. Maybe he is telling the truth.

But the image just kept going over and over again in my head.

Shelley left a while ago so I read some of a book that was on a shelf.

It was about a man who did everything to be with the girl he loved. Even though all of his friends told him not to he carried on. I got to the part were the woman found out she was going to have a child.

It made me think- would me and Dylan ever have kids?

Interrupting my thoughts, Addi walked in with a heart shaped box of chocolates.

"I found these on the floor with a note but I haven't read it yet," She placed them on the table and went into the bathroom.

I strolled over and read it, 'thought you might like these D.O'

A smile appeared on my face and I opened the lid. For some reason some of them were missing.

"Oh! By the way Ari I ate some as I was walking in," She called from the other room.

Laughing, Shelley texted me saying she posted my letter to the mail.

This was it, I was actually going to have a conversation with my father after all this time.

My best friend came out of the bathroom and hugged me. After everything I've been through I'm so great ful to have met her.

Her phone rang and she answered it, "Hey Holland,"

I haven't really talked to Holl since I've been here but she seems nice.

"You need to come to the hospital," Her voice was quiet from where I stood but I could still hear.

"Why is everything okay?" She asked taking another of my chocolates.

"It's- it's T-pose and Dylan they got into an accident," My heart dropped and we both grabbed our bags and shoes.

"Okay I'm on my way,"

When we got in the car she hired for the weekend, Holland sent me the adress. It was five minutes away but it seemed like five hours.

The ride was quiet until I spoke up, "Is it a car accident?"

"I think so she didn't really..." She went to carry on but got distracted on the road.

Looking over, all I saw was police with two ruined cars collided together.

We got out the car and rushed over but one of the police officers stopped us, "Sorry ladies you can't come over here,"

"It was our - our boyfriends who were in the accident," She talked fast while I looked to see if they were still in the car.

I couldn't see anything so an ambulance must have taken them. The road was blocked off with neon orange cones.

"I'm so sorry, let me make room for you to get through," He rushed over to some people and they began moving things around.

We got back in the car and drove through the catastrophe. It was around five minutes later when the hospital was in sight.

I went to ask reception where he was but I saw Tyler H and asked him instead.

"Ty where's Dylan?" My head was everywhere with panic. Addison was talking to a nurse about T-pose and she began showing her to a certain room- probably where he was.

"He is in surgery still. His injures are bad Aria.. The doctors said prepare for the worst," It looked like he had been crying because his eyes were bloodshot.

"H-how. I don't. How did-," I stuttered trying to catch my breath.

"It's okay. He will be okay," He soothed as I cried into his shoulder, "But Tyler is in that room. His surgery wasn't as complex to do,"

Wiping my tears, I went into his room where Addison was hugging him.

"Ari, any word on Dylan?" He asked weekly. His voice was croaky and a drip was on left side going into his arm.

"Still in surgery. How did it happen?" I sat down on a  chair near his bed.

"It happens so fast, I don't really remember. I was driving at around 20 mph when a car suddenly came out of no where and crashed into us. It happened Dyl's side so he took most of the impact," He explained taking both mine and Addi's hand.

"Where is the driver?" My voice cracked as I swallowed the lump in my throat.

"I don't know but he looked pretty bad too," How did they not see the car?

They both must have been so scared. Maybe this wouldn't of happened if I wasn't so stubborn to Dylan. I should have trusted him over what I saw.

~~

Waiting for Dyl to come out of surgery felt like a life time. I waited in the waiting room and Hoechlin never left my side. Shelley was with Tyler and Addi but he wouldn't leave me.

"I don't mind if you go with the others,"  My knee bounced up and down.

"I'm not leaving you Ari. I was in your position once and all I needed was a friend to help me through it all," He looked down sadly at the floor.

"Thankyou Ty," I leaned on his shoulder as we both waited patiently.

"Excuse me, are you the family of Dylan O'Brien?" A young nurse in dark blue scrubs asked us.

______

Ty for reading!

I thought it was getting boring so I added some drama😀

Have a great dayyyy💕