0.44 | K.D

〖KNIGHTS AND DRAGONS

VALARIE MADE NO ATTEMPT TO disguise her expression of confusion and disgust; eyebrows raised and pushed together, and her eyes wide. Her lips were slightly turned downwards into a frown as her mouth sat slightly agape. She reached up and placed her hand over the Doctor's which now rested on her shoulder. He had moved Donna and Valarie closer to him.

"Doctor, these strangers were inquiring about the state of a servant of mine."

"Whom?" He responded, eyes never leaving the three. Donna didn't understand the hostility, but his gaze was enough to rattle her. It was cold and hungry.

"She was," Valarie stuttered out, "she was a kid. Sixteen probably."

"Sixteen is hardly a child." Helen scoffed. Valarie thought on the remark. In this time frame, she was middle-aged.

"Brown hair. Gray, gray eyes I think." She responded. Helen thought on it for a moment before Jekyll clasped his hands together before him.

"Ah, they must be thinking of Alba. That Gaelic girl from up in the hills." He announced, eyes switching to Helen. "Yes, she has been slightly ill as of late, but rest assured I am personally seeing over her care." Jekyll stepped forward, now pacing them and slowly circling them like a predator. Valarie shivered slightly. While yes, Jekyll had been the reason her and the Doctor's paths ever collided, he had planned to basically eat her. To suck the life out of her with a straw basically. And after Brion, oh god, what kind of vengeance he held for those two. The other one Valarie recalled was nowhere in sight, so she perceived him to possibly have died in the explosion.

"My majesty, it is getting late." He stopped in front of her, only two feet from Valarie as he peered down at her. He licked his lips. "Why not show generosity to these travelers? God knows they've most likely traveled a long, long way." Helen nodded, not catching onto the animosity that sat in the room. The Doctor would've pulled Valarie closer if he could have; he certainly didn't like the way Jekyll looked at her.

"It is getting rather dark. Dusk is upon us. I'll see to it that you are shown to some quarters." Helen agreed. She departed from the group and Jekyll, vanishing into the stone corridor as the three stared each other down.

"Ilek." The Doctor greeted, rolling his shoulders and his head to the side. "Thought you died back in, oh, I don't know, 2007." Jekyll snorted, looking to the side and back to the Doctor.

"Fortunate for you, your little accidental blast did take Ewin from me. But I survived. Pulled myself from the rubble."

"How did you end up here?" Valarie asked.

"Oh, you." He cooed, approaching her as he inhaled deeply. "Smell better than you did the last time. Must've endured quite the emotional turmoil between now and then." He chuckled, leaning in slightly as Valarie wished nothing more than to vanish.

"Oh, now that's a smell I don't forget." He sniffed the air, following almost an invisible vapor trail towards the Doctor.

"It's all over you too, Doctor. Now I didn't expect that out of you, especially with some human." His sharp sense of smell, of things no one else in the room could smell, revealed the emotions that brewed between the two. Attention snapped as Helen's throat cleared. Eyes turned to her, standing with two aids at her side.

"August and Clement here will show you to your rooms. Men and women will be separated, respectively." She smiled. The two servants stepped forward. They were both boys, aged fifteen possibly.