0.10 | G.L

GRIDLOCK    〗

"JUST ONE TRIP, THATS WHAT I SAID. One trip, in the TARDIS, then home." The Doctor scratched the back of his head, turning knobs on the TARDIS.

"Although, I suppose, we could stretch the definition. One trip to the past one trip to the future, how do you suppose that?" He asked, Martha's face lightening up with a smile. She laughed giddy. She rocked forward on the seat.

"No complaints from me." She enthusiastically replied. Valarie scooter closer to Martha on the beige seat they shared.

"None from me either." She smirked, both girls watching the Doctor with wonder and enthusiasm.

"How about, a different planet?" He sighed, almost dreamily. Different planets were much to him, but he knew the idea of any other planet being even remotely visitable was an impossible dream to humans. Humans were so fresh and new, they barely knew their own planet yet.

"Can we go to yours?" Martha suggested, the Doctors smile faltering for a moment as it seemed it almost broke. He turned away and back to the console quickly.

"Nah, there's plenty of other places!" He debated, Martha sprinting from her seat to rush the console.

"Oh, c'mon now! Planet of the time lords, got to be worth a look." She took a spot by his side. The Doctor never once looked at the girls as Valarie moved to pace the console as Martha did.

"It was beautiful, yeah."

"Oh, outer space cities!" Martha sighed.

"Giant temples and cathedrals!" Valarie gawked, imaging whatever planet he dropped from had to be beautiful. She couldn't imagine a man as wonderful as him coming from anything but.

"Planets in the sky." Martha almost whispered, walking back to his side as Valarie lingered on the opposite side of the console; eyes watching the odd blue intrusiveness inside the glass tube pump.

"The sky's burned orange. With a giant citadel in a glass dome." He finally revealed. Valarie took note of his expression, which held more of reflection then it did joy. She found it odd, he didn't seem to want to reflect on it too much.

"Shining under the twin suns. The mountains went on forever." He was getting lost in his own words, as the girls eyes twinkled as they fell into almost a daze at his description of a home that was long gone.

"Fields of red grass, capped with snow." His eyes held in no particular spot, as it seemed the air was knocked from his lungs. He stopped himself as he looked down to hide his face.

"Can we go there?" Valarie sighed dreamily.

"Nah! Where's the fun for me? I don't want to go home!" It was rather odd how briefly he cut himself off from thinking of such a wondrous home. "Instead, this is something better. The year three million and fifty-three; New Earth!"

"It's five light years away from your earth and we are smack dab in the middle of New New York! Well, techniauqually it's the fifteenth New York; making it New New New New New New New New New New New New New New New York!" He explained, pulling his coat on and opening the door. With a hand on Valarie back, he pushed the girls out into it; and into rain.