0.5 | S.J.S

〖  SMITH AND JONES (AND SCOTT)

"VALARIE, VALARIE!" SHE HEARD A VOICE CALL, eyes opening to see the Doctor bent over her, hands on his knees. He extended both hands, Valarie taking them as he pulled her up with extreme ease.

"Are you alright?" He asked, examining her. His face went to panic when Valarie pressed a hand to her forehead, hissing and wincing. A dull throb of pain resides through the left side of her head, from where it must've hit the wall or floor during the horrid shaking.

"What? Here let me look." He soothed, gently pulling her hand back and holding onto her small wrist. He reached up, smoothing her hair back as he viewed the sight were a bump would eventually form.

"Seems to be just a bump. I'll examine it better in the TARDIS." He mumbled, still trying to view the bump from every angle, as if it was any different from any angle. Valarie's eyes fluttered open, meeting the window first.

"Doctor." She swallowed harshly, her voice hoarse.

        "Sorry, I'm trying not to touch it best as I can." He mumbled. Believing he must've touched it and hurt her. Valarie's hands reached up, gripping his arm.

      "Doctor." She said again. He peered down to her face, now worried of a concussion. He gently grabbed her cheeks, forcing her to look him in the eye as he examined hers.

        "You may have a concussion. Thankfully we are in a hospital-"

            "Doctor!" She barked, hand grabbing his cheeks roughly and forcing him to view the window.

        Outside the window was a sight unexplainable by words. Rather than London's urban streets, it was a grey rocky view. Outer space sat outside the window; the only thing saving everyone inside from the harsh, cold atmosphere was the thin glass windows. In the distance, sat the beautiful Earth, suspended in space.

     The Doctor sprung into action, rushing towards his bed and scooping the clothes he wore into his arms and yanking the curtain shut. Valarie wandered towards the window, shifting to the open bed next to the Doctor's and sitting on the edge. Her arms folded as she viewed the window, two women pushing into the room. Valarie recognized them as the students from earlier.

Valarie listened to the two speak; one obviously more panicked then the other.

"It's real! It's really real!" One gawked, observing outside the window. The other sniffled, panic obviously overriding anything.

"Hold on." She said, reaching for a window before the panicked one lunged at her.

"We'll lose all the air!" She whimpered, looking at her counterpart like she was crazy when she motioned to the windows.

"But, they're not exactly air tight. If the air was gonna get sucked out it would've happened straight away but it didn't!" She explained, Valarie mentally applauding her. She wouldn't have realized that herself, and even she knew this place wasn't air tight. She had learned that when she spent the night here are severely breaking her arm as a kid; which still popped awkwardly sometimes from how bad the break had been.

"So how come?" The woman asked, viewing the window. Suddenly, the curtain behind them jerked open, revealing the Doctor in his blue suit.

"Very good point. Brilliant, in fact. What was your name?" He questioned, oddly amused by how she had pointed something out even he would have failed to notice.