Chapter 2

He squinted his eyes like he didn't believe that it was me or was there something funny on my face, I couldn't tell. My heartbeat accelerated quickly as I watched him walk towards me. His steps heavy as they thump onto the ground, brows furrowed, palms balled into fists.

Boy, he was angry.

It's been a while since the last time I saw that.

He grabbed my wrist in an iron cage and dragged me towards the parking lot. "Who took you here?"

"Yes, my flight has been tiring yet amazing. Thanks for asking," I said sarcastically. He looked down on me as if he was saying 'don't make me question you again.'

"Alright, that driver right there was the one who took me here," I pointed out.

A few reporters were still following him from a safe distance, like they also felt Charles' threatening aura that they didn't even dare to get too close to him, but I believe they might be able to get some pictures.

I rolled my eyes. Just what the hell were you thinking, Charles?

"You weren't supposed to be here," he grunted.

"Wait? Mr. Todt didn't tell you?", I raised my brows.

He only grunted in response as he dragged me towards the driver who still had my luggage with him.

"I'll take it." he said shortly as he snatched away my luggage swiftly with his other hands.

The driver was dumbfounded that he didn't even have time to react and said a short 'take care' in confusion.

"I'm going to book you a flight back to Monaco first thing tomorrow." he said sternly.

"What? No! What's the point of sending me back? You know your mum will just send me back here again," I argued.

In the distance, I saw Lando Norris, Valteri Bottas, Pierre Gasly, and Daniil Kvyatt walking towards the parking area as well. Maybe they were also in the press conference earlier. I noticed Norris whispered something to Gasly and he instantly looked at our direction.

"Clarisse!", Pierre Gasly shouted. Loudly. "Is that you?!", he shouted again, now jogging towards us with Norris following him in little steps. Just great.

"It's so good to see you again!", Pierre said enthusiastically while giving me a bone crushing hug. I felt a little pain on my wrist as it twisted during the hug. Oh. I forgot Charles didn't let go of my hand.

"I missed you a lot, Pierre." I said while returning the warm hug.

"Norris, this is Charles' little sister, Clarisse," Pierre introduced me to Lando while Charles didn't say a word.

"Mademoiselle Leclerc, I suppose? It's nice to meet you. I didn't know Charles had a little sister," he said nervously as Charles kept his face flat as a stone.

I forced my hand out of Charles' grip to shake Lando's hand. "It's nice to meet you too Lando, sir," I kept an elegant yet joking tone towards the British. "But unfortunately, it's Lavigne, not Leclerc."

"Oh, wait. But you guys are related?", there was a pure confusion plastered on Lando's face. "Um, how do I explain this..." I bit my lip and took a glance at Charles, who didn't pay attention at all. He gazed a bit on his wristwatch and snatched my right hand again.

"We have to go. See you tomorrow, guys." Charles said briefly.

"O...kay. See you!" the two waved at us.

We speed-walked towards his luxurious red Ferrari, which I believe they lent it to him, and opened the lock. It was hard to keep the pace, damn his long legs for that.

"Leglerg, will you slow down a bit?"

He grunted in response then opened the car and pushed me into the passenger seat. After the luggage had been settled, he got in as well and started the engine.

"Appears that Pierre will have to do some explaining to poor Lando after this." I chuckled as I watched the sun disappear behind the tall buildings in Sakhir.

"I honestly don't know what to do with you right now." Charles finally said something in frustration. Eyes stern, focused on the road ahead.

"Pfft, don't worry. Just don't send me back to Monaco and keep me at a close distance. I promise I won't disturb you. You only have to pretend that I don't exist. Easy right?"

He sighed in defeat while the car was taking a turn at the busy crossroad. "Okay. I'm only doing this for mum's sake."

I shrugged. "That's fair. She had this job given to me, and as a sister I just have to keep a close eye on you," I nudged his shoulder lightly.

To my surprise, he catched my hand quickly as a lightning bolt hit the ground. That made my heart jump a little bit. The car halted at a red light and he lowered his gaze at me.

"You're not my sister or my family. Never been," he said while throwing my hand away.

Ouch. That kinda hurt.

I cleared my throat a bit to clear the air. "So, where are we heading right now?"

"To the hotel."

------

A/N:

Hi, it's Kiana! I hope you enjoy reading this fic. It's been a while since the last time I wrote and I got bored while waiting for the next Emilia Romagna GP.

While writing this chapter, I was listening to some beautiful ost by Mina Kubota. "Tears" from A Whisker Away. Give it a try if you're interested!