Chapter 26

"Charles, remember what I told you. You just need to wait. I think it's better for you two to discuss whatever it is you want to discuss after the race. You understand what I mean right?" Mia said to him in a comforting manner. They both know that he couldn't possibly get his personal emotions to get in the way of his performance.

"Yes, I fully understand." He answered obediently like a child being scolded by his elementary school teacher. "Good. Now go get some rest. We have qualifying tomorrow."

As he was driven back to the hotel, he knew what Mia said was right. It wouldn't be wise to overthink it. This is the race weekend. His drive should be his number one priority. He thought he could wait until Sunday.

Not surprised at all, Lewis Hamilton took another pole position in this grand prix. There wasn't really going too much in the race itself. Kevin Magnussen sadly had to retire his car near the end of the race, and Sebastian scored the fastest lap in the entire race. A big plus point for Ferrari too. And again, Lewis finished P1, Valtteri on second and lastly Charles on third.

Charles knew he could've done better but for now he's pretty satisfied with the third position. He stood there proudly on the podium and smiled. Amongst the cheering crowd, he could see Clarisse smiling down there alongside his team. She was wearing a casual big red colored shirt tucked into her black short skirt. The color blended really well with the red themed Ferrari. He smiled at her, hoping she could see it from below.

Clarisse clapped and threw him a thumbs up as they celebrated on the podium. Charles could only hope these celebrations and the press conference would end soon so he could catch up with her.

He was in his motorhome to change into a pair of fresh clothes before attending the press conference. There was a knock on the door. "Mia? Come in."

His press officer opened the door slightly, "The conference is going to start in 5 minutes. I'll be waiting outside and we're going to the hall together."

"Okay, sure. I'll get changed real quick." Just before Mia closed the door, Charles halted her. "Wait, Mia. Is Clarisse still here?" he hesitantly asked. Hoping that she won't leave again without seeing him like before.

Mia closed her lips into a thin smile, looking at the driver. "Don't worry, she's still here." A sigh of relief escaped Charles' mouth as he heard that. "You two will be able to go home together. I already told her to wait so don't worry." She winked. "Now get changed!"

The press conference ended smoothly like always. When it's over, Charles couldn't wait another second but went out of the hall through the backdoor, immediately looking for Clarisse. She was there all by herself near the garage, watching the guys tidying up the stuff there. She didn't realize Charles was walking towards her until she felt his arms around her.

"Charles?"

He just hummed and hugged her shoulder lovingly from behind. He missed holding her like this. "How are you?" he asked her. Clarisse looked around and noticed some of the staff in the garage saw them but they paid no mind, just smiled a little at the two's interaction.

"I'm fine. Congratulations on P3," she mumbled while holding his arms and patted it a little. Charles smiled at the little gesture she gave him. "So do you have any plans for tonight?" he asked.

"Nothing so far."

"Okay, why don't we go somewhere for dinner?"

"In the evening? Okay, but now's too early, right?" Clarisse glanced at the sky, the sun hadn't even set yet. "Sure, my treat." Charles smiled brightly.

They decided to chill at the motorhome since Charles was now cleared of all of his schedule for today. When they reached the room, Charles closed the door and turned his body towards her quickly. "Clarisse, first of all, I have something I need to confess to you."