Chapter 24

When Carlos found them, he let out a sigh and shook his head quietly. "I'm going to call Mia for help and we're going to escort her back to the hotel. My driver's already waiting at the back exit."

"Thanks man, appreciate it," Lando said gladly.

It took everything in Lando to keep his feelings at bay. He held her close along the way to the hotel, swallowing his broken heart just to comfort her. The car ride was silent.

Carlos and Lando dropped her at the hotel, and Mia was already waiting for them in the lobby. It appeared that she left the party earlier. "Oh, thank god. I was worried when you called. Thank you for contacting me!" she said to Carlos and watched as Lando picked up the sleeping Clarisse out of the backseat.

"I'm glad I contacted the right person," Carlos scratched the back of his head.

"I hope she's okay." Mia mumbled as she saw Clarisse in Lando's arms.

Lando frowned and took a quick look at her sleeping form. "I think she's okay. Just a little drunk," he said flatly and continued to carry her in bridal style, as if she weighed like nothing. They arrived at Mia's small and humble hotel room and she told Lando to lie Clarisse down on her bed.

"Hmm.. also about that one cheeky driver of yours..." Carlos started with a grin. Mia immediately let out an exasperated groan at his words. "Don't want to even think about him at this moment. That guy's going to give me a major headache."

Carlos raised his eyebrows, "Oh, so you know about...?" through the side of his eyes, he could see Lando carefully trying to take off Clarisse's high heels so she could sleep comfortably.

"Of course. Britta told me. I just hope the media's not gonna find out about any of this." Mia rubbed her temples. These young drivers and their uncontrollable hormones.

They chatted a little and finally the two McLaren drivers decided to go home. Mia can't stop thanking them for what they did. "No worries. We will keep this between us." Carlos said with an assuring smile. Mia let out a contented sigh and she bid them good night.

"Carlos, you know what? I forgot my suit at the bar."

Carlos slapped his forehead.

------

The pain was unbearable and his vision spins as he opens his eyes. The sun was out there but the room was still pretty dark, thanks to those blinds covering the window. Charles let out a groan and sat on the soft bed. He blinked.

This was not his bed. This was not his hotel room. Panic struck him but he sat there motionless. He then grabbed the bedsheet and looked underneath. He was naked, like completely bare. And there was also a naked woman sleeping on his side. Charles closed his eyes, trying to hold back another groan from leaving his mouth.

What has he done this time? He remembered the girls he met last night, the guests from the FIA. What was her name again? Clara? He wasn't sure. All he could think of now was how to get away from that place quickly without waking her up. He needed to gather his shit, quick. Mia must've been worried.

He slowly got out of the bed, trying not to make any sounds. He put on his shirt from last night, now wrinkled. He took his phone and watch, lastly his shoes. As soon as he got out of the room, he called Mia.

She immediately picked up. "Hey, Mia. Look, my battery's dying right now and-" he quickly said.

"Yes, Charles. I'm already at the lobby." She cut him.

"No, you don't understand. I'm not at my hotel right now." he tried to explain.

"Charles," she sighed. "I know. Just look outside."

From the clear windows on the lobby, he could see the usual black van with tinted windows already awaiting him in the pickup area. Mia was there in the front seat, rolling down the car window halfway while holding her phone right in her ear.

"Oh..."

Quickly, he hopped into the car and melted into the seat. Finally he could breathe easily. Mia surprisingly kept her cool and just briefed him about his upcoming schedule like always. Apparently he's going to leave the country in a few days.

The ride to the hotel was calm enough for him to fall asleep again for a few minutes. He and Mia went separate ways after she exited the elevator first, heading for her own room. "Just wash up and rest. Let me know if you need anything." She said, and the elevator door closed again.

Charles walked in slow paces towards his room. Thinking hard. He felt like he was forgetting something... important.

As soon as he opened his door, he was met with a tidy room. His stuff was neatly put at its correct places and Clarisse's luggage was gone.

Shit. Clarisse.

How could he totally forget about her? He checked the whole room and found no one. She was not here and her luggage was gone. That can't be good. He immediately reached his phone again.

"Mia, have you seen Clarisse?"

There was a short pause on the other end, and then a sigh. "She's with me. And don't come over here." Charles gulped hardly, clearly taken aback. He didn't expect her to read his mind like that. "She doesn't want to see you right now."

Shit shit shit shit.

------

"That was Charles, wasn't it?" Clarisse asked in a groggy voice. Her face was still hidden beneath the bedsheets of Mia's hotel room. The PR officer nodded her head and sighed. Yes it was him.

Clarisse turned her body, now facing the ceiling with a flat face. This headache was killing her. "Thank you for reading my mind, Mia. I don't want to see him right now." she said in a monotone.

"Yeah, I know you'd think that." she let out a dry laugh. "Sorry for us being such a pain for you," Clarisse said, truly concerned for Mia. "Don't think about it. It's my job." she smiled and called the reception to bring breakfast for them both to her room.

Charles on the other hand was shitting himself. He paced back and forth, thinking if she should call her or not. But Mia clearly said that Clarisse didn't want to see him at the moment. She must've known what he had done with that girl. What was her name again? Clara. Yes, Clara. Well, now there's no point in remembering her name anyway.

His mind ran miles looking for a solution and it better be the correct one. He knew that he made a mistake last night, he didn't want to make this situation even worse with a careless decision. But at the same time he really needed to talk to Clarisse. The last minute impulsive decision made him tap the "call" button for her. Just as the first ring tone beeped, his screen blacked out. He ran out of battery.

For the hundredth time since he arrived at this hotel room, he let out another pained groan. He's in deep shit now. 

------

A/N:

Hey guys, it's me again. Here's another chapter. Time goes so fast, I didn't realize it's been a few days since the last time I updated this book. I've been pretty busy with work so I don't really have much time to write freely :") But I'm thanking you all for sticking with this story. 10k hits on Wattpad and 2,8k on Ao3, this made my day, guys. Cheers :"D see you on the next chapter!

I'm currently obsessed with The Killers damn.