Chapter 7

A/N: I had nail extensions as I write this chapter so it was hella difficult for me.

Hope you enjoy it!

While writing this chapter: A Journey (A Dream of Flight) - Joe Hisaishi from The Wind Rises, and First Youth - Ennio Moriconne from Cinema Paradiso

-----
Charles' POV

[A Journey (A Dream of Flight) - Joe Hisaishi from The Wind Rises]

I wasn't exactly a morning person, so waking up in the morning wasn't something I look forward to. But today was an exception.

I shuffled through the duvet and rested my head on top of my arms, taking a good one last look at her sleeping form. She looked very peaceful after such a wild hungover, sleeping soundly on my bed.

No, I didn't do anything to her, if that's what you're thinking.

She's still wearing her black dress from last night. Chest rising up and down in a calm pattern, light snores escape her lips as she breathes. I reached her shoulder and planted a silent kiss on her bare skin. I couldn't resist hugging her once again before I got up, and so I did.

She didn't wake up. Of course, she's sleeping like a pig though.

But such a sight like this.. Might be something that I'm gonna miss sooner or later. I smiled while thinking about it.

I think I can get used to this.

Guilt suddenly washed over me. I still didn't think it's right.

-----

Clarisse's POV

I woke up to the sound of the front door closing. My eyes were still closed but I snapped them open, realizing Charles had left me behind again.

So I quickly sprinted to the door and opened it. I could see his back as he walked down the hallway while holding his backpack. "Charles!" I shouted.

He stopped and turned to face me. He stayed there in silence, waiting for me to say something. I was honestly lost of words, I forgot what I was about to say. What was I supposed to say?

The nausea suddenly hit me and I felt something twisting in my stomach. Shit. I ran quickly to the bathroom and kneeled in front of the toilet.

"Shit, Clarisse?" I heard Charles' voice inside the suite. He came back.

"Are you okay?", he asked again when he found me in the bathroom.

Well, as you can see, I'm obviously not and I'm literally in the brink of death here, but of course I couldn't find my own voice and energy to answer him.

The vomit hasn't come out yet but I could still feel it building inside me. I could sense panic washed over him when he dropped his bag onto the floor and leaned down beside me, holding my hair up, away from my face.

It came out and I got dizzy, I felt like there's gonna be another wave coming. "Good, good, easy. Let it all out," he said in a hushed tone. I felt a lot more relaxed as he massaged my nape and shoulder a bit.

-----

After I brushed my teeth, I found Charles pacing back and forth in the room. He was talking to someone on the phone.

"Yes, I'll be there shortly. I know, I'm sorry... Yes. I just need a little time. Something came up." I could hardly hear his voice from across the room.

He stopped talking when his eyes met mine. After a short pause, he talked again to the phone. "I'll call you later." the call ended.

He came up to me with worried eyes.