Chapter 21

"Mia, I know I look sexy in this but I think this is too much," especially with the tag "Prada" burning onto her skin.

"No, no, no. You look drop dead gorgeous in this." Mia said with widened eyes as she stood up from the velvet couch in the store. She ended up coming to the store with Clarisse and left Charles with another PR assistant for the press conference in the paddock.

"Let's just not try anything else and buy this one." Mia said again excitedly and rushed to the front desk with the attendant. Clarisse could only sigh and chuckled to herself. She took a look at herself in the mirror.

The dress was stunning in a deep green coloured malachite. The material was extremely soft and hugged her waist and curves perfectly. Satin, is it? There were two thin straps hanging on her shoulders. Also the low cut on the back showed more of her skin. She shivered as she could feel the wind from the aircon on her back. The skirt ended just right above her knees while the back was a bit longer with little gold accents at the rims. It kinda resembled peacock fur, she thought.

After she changed into her normal clothes, which was just a plain white button up blouse and dark skinny jeans, Mia came into view. She was already holding the paperbag in her hands, waiting for her on the same velvet couch.

"Oh dear, I should've prepared a personally-designed dress for you next time. If only Charles told me sooner." she slapped her forehead.

"It's all his fault," Clarisse giggled. Honestly, it felt kinda weird but also... pleasant? It's the first time she has ever been treated like some kind of princess. "Thanks for taking care of me, Mia," Clarisse thanked her with a genuine smile.

"The pleasure is mine, dear. I cannot wait to see you in that dress later tonight. Let me know if you need help with the makeup." she replied with a big smile.

The car ride back to the hotel was silent as Mia had her eyes glued to her phone. She seemed busy, also taking calls in many different languages. She guessed that's what you have to do in being a press officer. Being multilingual is a plus point.

Clarisse frowned at herself as she dwelled in her own thoughts. She remembered what Charles had told the media... about that they were together.

When obviously it's not even so clear between themselves. They're not actually together, but to be fair, they kinda act as if they're together. It's more like a somewhat comfortable grey area between them, and she's a bit afraid that if it ever becomes official, it's not going to end well somehow.

Or maybe she's just being paranoid.

Clarisse shook her head, brushing off the thought as she arrived at the hotel. She said goodbye to Mia, who continued the car ride by herself and the driver of course, back to the paddock because there are still some PR duties that had to be done there. What a chad.

Clarisse had approximately 3 more hours to relax and get ready for the dinner. She took the time to enjoy the hotel suite by herself and took a hot bath. It was very relaxing. Back home, she's used to just taking showers. After that, she dried her hair while checking her phone.

The news about Charles saying that they're official went viral on the internet and she closed the social media quickly. Groaned to herself, she moved onto the messenger app and replied to some unread messages from home. She smiled to herself and decided to call mum right away.

The family was ecstatic that Charles went home with a trophy. They never missed a race at home, always watching over Charles through the screen and praying for a safe race. "It's only been a few days but I miss you," Clarisse told mum absentmindedly. "And we already miss you too, darling," the older woman replied from across the continent.