Chapter 5

A/N notes:

While writing this chapter: Seb Vettel - Some Driver that You Used to Know - Sim Dane

-----

The second practice ended nicely in the evening. This time I decided to spend time waiting at Ferrari's garage because Mr. Todt insisted.

I got to meet Sebastian Vettel since he arrived earlier in the garage before Charles. "So, you're Charles' sister right? Right?" he asked casually.

I shrugged, "You can say that," I replied, grinning.

He raised his eyebrows but returned my smile. He offered his hand, "It's nice to meet you."

So, Seb and I talked a bit.

By a bit, I mean a lot. He's also a very fun and open minded person, I love that about him. Plus he's very polite. Seb is king, periodt.

He told me that some of the drivers including their families are going to have dinner in the hotel later in the evening. He asked me if I was gonna be there as well.

"Well, Charles didn't tell me-" I said bluntly.

"Why?" he cut me off, surprised. "But, you should come nonetheless. I heard you also already got along with some of the drivers so you're gonna be ok."

It's sweet of him to think that I might get nervous about attending the dinner, but it wasn't about that actually. It's just... Charles' surely gonna be there and he's gonna be bothered if I go, for sure.

Sebastian and I were still busy chatting with each other when Charles finished tidying up in the garage. He's wearing his usual red Ferrari polo shirt and a pair of khaki shorts, backpack strapped across his shoulders. He cleared the throat at me and Sebastian.

"Seb," he greeted while nodding his head.

Sebastian quickly looked up from his seat and waved at him to come closer to us, but Charles quickly answered the gesture. "We're going home actually," he said, then turned to me. "You coming or not?", then he started to walk towards the paddock without waiting for me.

I noticed Sebastian frowned at that and we said goodbye. I quickly followed Charles towards the paddock, to the driver's parking lot. Just when I was close enough to catch up with him, my phone rang. It was his mum calling me.

He stopped on his tracks and turned around when he heard me talking with his mum on the phone. "Yes, he is fine. His skin and face is as clear as the day, no pimples whatsoever. I wonder what kind of skincare he uses," I joked and mama laughed.

Charles walked towards me and pressed his ear to the outside of my phone. Our faces pressed to each other with the phone in between, with him listening closely to his mum's voice. I mouthed to him and pointed at the phone, "Do you wanna-?"

He quickly shook his head and gestured to me to keep quiet. Then he continued to press his ear again. I noticed his slight smiles and how his dimple appeared when he heard his mother's voice.

As the call ended, I put my phone inside my bag and turned my head where I saw a few photographers pointing their lenses at us. I face palmed and walked quickly beside Charles towards the car. He seemed to have noticed that too. "Let's get out of here," he said.

----

He looked around the suite, amused.

"Wow. You tidied up."

"Of course, I wouldn't let you forget your things in all this mess, like always." I rolled my eyes.

He smiled a bit and turned towards the kitchen to get some water.

"So, are you going tonight?" I asked him when I plopped down onto the sofa.

"Where? The dinner downstairs?" I nodded.

"If you're going, then I'm not going," he said bluntly. Honestly, I couldn't read his face at that moment, but I kinda expected that response coming out from him.

"Well," I stood up towards my luggage. "Time to find something nice to wear,"

Charles' brows were furrowed, like he didn't expect me to just go without him. It's his choice if he didn't want to go and I'm allowed to enjoy myself, right?

I put on my simple black cocktail dress and the heels that I wore earlier. Seb told me about the dress code, which thankfully wasn't super formal but you can say it was a bit more like a smart-casual, I guess.

----

3rd person's POV / no one's POV

Charles heard Clarisse's voice when she said goodbye and closed the door. The hotel suite was silent once again and to be completely fair, he's starting to get bored even if it was just a minute since she left.

He decided to open his phone and browse through social media. Oh boy, did he regret it, or not?

There were a huge number of mentions and messages notifications on his Instagram. The internet blew up a little and he got curious. There he found his photo with Clarisse taken by the paparazzi, spread everywhere in many sports blogs and channels

Facepalmed.

He groaned but looked at the picture once again. To be honest, they... looked cute together.

The thought itself instantly made his ears burn and he quickly closed the page. But when he swiped back to the home page, he found Lando and Carlos' story update and he saw a familiar face.

Clarisse was sitting casually with his friends at the dinner table. They all look good, but Clarisse looked a bit too happy to his liking, like she's having the ultimate time of her life and stealing the attention from all people across the table.

He didn't like that.

Charles got up from the sofa and headed towards his closet. He put on a simple black dress shirt and dark grey cotton slacks. He rolled the shirt's sleeves up to his elbows and took a last glance at the mirror before heading out.