Chapter 6

While writing this chapter: L'ultimo Arlecchino - Ennio Morricone

----

No one's POV / 3rd person's POV

His eyes squinted at one particular round table which was filled with laughter, which had his sister seated in it. He clenched his jaw when he saw Clarisse seating next to Lando.

Her seat was practically glued to his and she was resting her head on his shoulder, and Lando also had his hand on her waist. Her face was flushed red, she must've been drinking. Pierre was on her other side.

They laughed together at something Charles couldn't hear and it frustrated him. He approached the table stil, eyes stern.

"Oh, Sharl!", Pierre said from afar, waving at him.

He threw him a curt smile and dragged an unoccupied chair from another empty table and sat between Pierre and Clarisse.

"What took you so long, mate? Everyone's finished their dinner already. But you can still order something though," Pierre said to him.

Charles shook his head at him. "Nah, mate, I don't think I'll stay for long. Just wanna hang out a bit, got quite bored in the suite." He looked over Clarisse a bit, upset that she didn't even notice that he was there.

She was busy chatting and joking with Lando and Carlos, ignoring him completely. Her hand now rested on the side of Lando's chest as she giggled at something that he said.

If Charles has an x-ray vision, he would've noticed the stars in Lando's eyes when he's looking at her.

"Enjoy your time, brother. Tomorrow's gonna be the third practice and quali so no more partying until the race," Seb tutted from across the table at him.

He smiled and nodded at his teammate. Then, they continued to order drinks or dessert and continued to chat a bit. There were Charles, Pierre, Clarisse, Lando, Carlos, Sebastian and Lance at the table. Pretty much the rookies except for Sebastian.

When it got pretty late, the group decided to retire for the night and said byes. "Mate, I think she's pretty drunk," Lando came up to him nervously.

"Yeah, I can see that." Charles glanced down at her disheveled hair that covered her face and grabbed her elbow towards him, away from Lando.

"I can help you bring her to your room," Lando offered.

"I can do it myself. Have a good rest, mate," was his short reply.

After riding the elevator, Charles started to regret his decision because he finally realized how hard it is to drag this woman back to the room. After a few steps in the carpeted hallway, she refused to move.

"Sharl Lechair, I refuse to go back." she said in a serious tone but then started to giggle.

Charles groaned and brushed his face. Oh no, she was so drunk.

Clarisse was about to fall to her side, but thanks to his fast reflexes, Charles managed to catch her, holding her small waist tightly.

"Sshh! You're not supposed to shout at the hallway!" he half whispered to her. She looked up and their eyes met. There was silence.

And she booped his nose.

What's just happened? He thought.

"You smell so good," she mumbled, smiling.

"And you stink," well yes, she reeks of alcohol.

When she felt Charles starting to drag her again, she kept her ground and hissed at him. "I told you I don't wanna go home yet!".

"Ow! Don't hit me!" Charles tried to catch her other free arm that was trying to hit him on the shoulder. "What do you want to do anyways?" he asked her out of curiosity.

"I wanna drink more, mate." she slurred.

Charles paused when he finally catched both of her wrists. He looked at her intently and scoffed. This girl is crazy.

"If you don't wanna use your legs, then I will just bring you home." With that, he lifted her up from the ground and ran fast towards their room at the end of the hallway.

Clarisse squealed when she was lifted to the air. Her arms automatically curled on top of his shoulders and her face hidden on his broad chest.

It felt like flying. It felt amazing.

Especially being enveloped in Charles' arms, just like when they were little.

He quickly kicked the door open and put her down. When he finally closed the door, he was surprised at the close proximity between them.

Even with her high heels, she's still shorter than him by a few centimeters. He could taste the alcohol in her breath as she stepped closer. Eyes lidded. Tired, tired eyes, but looking at him oh so lovingly.

He gulped.

"Charlie, I want to kiss you."

What?

She tilted her head and jumped a bit, kissing the tip of his nose. He blinked.

Clarisse giggled, "The heck, I missed it. That's not where I meant to go."

Ignoring Charles' nervous eyes, she reached out for his face, soft beard tickled the inside of her palms, tilting his down a little and her lips landed on his.

The kiss was pure and innocent. It was simple. It was something Charles had never felt before.

He was still frozen, not moving, eyes wide, while Clarisse gave him another kiss on both sides of the corner of his lips. Her feathered kisses laced with alcohol grazed his lips ever so lightly. It was intoxicating.

Realizing he didn't give any response at all, she drew back, ready to turn away, "I'm going to be-"

Charles drew a sharp breath and without thinking, he yanked her towards himself and held her tightly. He then grabbed a fistful of her hair and kissed her.

He kissed her like crazy. He didn't hold back any longer and it felt right.

Both of their eyes fluttered close as he deepened the kiss. Tongue danced together in open kisses within the same rhythm towards harmony. His other hand roaming on the small of her back. Oh gods, she was so beautiful.

If her kisses before felt so innocent, this one hit differently.

It was pure bliss but also... selfish. Like something that has been piled up for so long suddenly exploded and scattered everywhere beyond his control.

"You have no idea what you've done to me, Clarisse."

---

A/N:

Hey guys! What do you think? So far this chapter's my favorite :")