5

"Ring ring, We're meeting there later, right? Be on time, if you're late, that's a foul" - After School by Weeekly

>>><<<

Jaemin balanced his chair, leaning backwards. He wasn't focusing. He had already learnt this in his spare time when he had decided to go ahead in order to slack off in class. Not that it mattered, of course. Unlike other schools, Burgeon cared a lot more about Ildracaena than their grades. Whenever the end of term report came, nobody cared about the grades, only the rank.

Despite only having met Jisung recently, he was actually concerned about him, definitely not something he felt towards most people.

Was he adjusting fine? Jaemin knew that Burgeon wasn't a regular school, not what most people were used to. There was just that pressure of being perfect.

What if Jisung got himself involved with some drama? What if he got bullied? What if he heard rumors about him spreading?

He tapped his pen on the table, careful not to disturb the class with the noise.

Renjun was actually focusing, unlike Jaemin, eagerly writing down notes in an organized manner, with colored pens and all that. The only sign of distraction were the doodles that littered the margin of his notebook page, although they were perfectly beautiful.

Donghyuck's behavior in class was debatable. He seemed to be more occupied with the crossword puzzle that he had than what the teacher was saying, but he would jot down notes every minute. Nobody could tell what exactly he was focusing on. A hum from him vibrated consistently throughout the room, though it was too common of an occurrence for anybody to care anymore.

As for Jeno, he was quite concentrated, but on the wrong thing. He was still working through the small worksheet that the teacher had handed to them long ago. Anybody could assume that he hadn't really focused on it previously and was now trying to make up for it to make sure he had it done anyways. It was normal behavior for him, to have his class messed up in a way nobody could comprehend.

They each floated through their own days in their own unique ways. Just like that, their last two periods were over.

>>><<<

"Alright! Welcome, Burgeons! How has your first day been? Must be tiring, but I hope it's been treating you well, as it still isn't over just yet. We have the last and final event for today that will help determine your extra-curriculars for the school year. With that, I am proud to cut this ribbon and say, this year's Extra-Curricular Hunt has officially opened!"

The principal was followed by the staff and the students who were eager to sign up to whatever they wished to take up this year.

"Alright! I see that you are all very enthusiastic, I like it! So, let's go through some of the fairly boring things that you kids already know as quickly as we possibly can. As usual, you are allowed to take up any and as many extra-curricular classes you wish to. Some of these have varsity teams, which you'll have to try out for, but I'm sure you'll all end up right where you should be. They are the same ones as the options presented to you for your special classes and the ones for your daily subjects. We have clubs for art, dance, music, photography, drama, literature, debate, math, science, and social. Those are the school-made clubs that you can feel free to join. They also occasionally have events or competitions in each of their respective fields. The extra-curriculars that require its participants to audition will be accepting applicants for the tryouts that will be held accordingly. Those are volleyball, basketball, badminton, table tennis, track and field, and soccer."

The speaker then dramatically threw his cue cards away, the staff quickly fumbling to clean up the mess.

"FINALLY! THE MAIN EVENT! I'm your principal, Kim Jungho and I can finally emcee this however I want."