7

"Since when I don't know, Maybe it's only me with perfect dreams, The fantasy inside my head, those dreams, Maybe this hope is in vain" -GIRLS LIKE US by TWICE

>>><<<

Two months. Two months had passed since a new school year started at Burgeon. The students had finally finished their quarterly finals just a few moments ago. A familiar girl had been wandering the halls, inviting everyone she had passed by to a party she would be hosting.

"You're inviting me?"

Another asked shyly. The party host simply sent her a reassuring smile and a nod of her head.

"Of course! The address is on the paper, but if you get lost my number's on there too, so you can contact me."
"T-thank you."
"It's nothing. I'm sure we all need time to destress."

After bowing politely, the speaker left the girl with a smile to approach someone else.
"Here you go!"
"What's this?"
"The location details along with my contacts. I'm hosting a party for us Burgeons. Feel like we need it since the air here is still stuffy from the exams."
"Oh! Nice! Who's invited?"
"Everyone I've passed by in the hallway is. So are a few other people, but I'm doing my best to invite everyone in Burgeon."

"Isn't she so nice?"
"I know right! Naram's an angel for planning this."
"She probably only wants those high-rankers there though, it's just an empty invitation."
"Why bother inviting every single person you walk by while roaming around Burgeon to give an empty invitation?"
"Yeah! And it's up to us whether we attend or not."
"The fact she even cares enough to exchange a few lines of conversation with everyone she invites too..."

Naram was walking around the school, searching for people who she hadn't invited to her post-finals party yet.

"Noona!"
"Hey Ji!"
"What are you doing?"
"Still trying to invite everyone to my party. Honestly, it'd be much easier to just send a mass text or go to the Principal's Office to make an announcement, but I don't think they'll believe I'm being sincere."
"Do you need help inviting some people?"
"Have you even asked your hyungs yet?"

With that Jisung froze in his spot as he tried to recall just one instance where he told them about Naram's party; unfortunately, the search led to no avail. This made Naram chuckle as she looked back at the younger male who was deep in thought.

"Forget helping with inviting others. If you invited your hyungs already, I'd let you, but seeing as to how you've yet again failed to do that, I think I'll be able to invite more people on my own."
The girl's statement was made teasingly, Jisung's pout threatened to break into a grin. Once Naram faced front again, the boy's face was lit up with a small smile as he caught up to her. With his long strides, he made it to her without even having to jog a little.

"Sometimes I forget about how long those legs are."
"I thought the fact you get neck pain because you always have to look up at me reminded you of that enough."
"YAH PARK JISUNG"
"You don't have time to kill me! You have to invite people!!!"
"Ugh... this child."

Naram said with an exasperated sigh, but the sheer joy projected onto her face juxtaposed the annoyed image she was trying to push.

>>><<<

"I JUST OWNED YOU!"
"NO YOU DIDN'T! DAEGAL, PLEASE, SIDE WITH ME!"
"RENJUN, SHE'S A DOG!"
"CHENLE JUST KNOCKED YOU OFF FAIR AND SQUARE!"
"I DEMAND A REMATCH!"

Jisung laughed, leaning back on the sofa as the rest of the group argued playfully. He had gotten much closer to them, fitting in with the rest of the group perfectly. They were currently at Chenle's house, for obvious reasons; he had the biggest house. And the best gaming room.