19

"Inside my head, too many questions, Just got me thinking, what's my question, Inside my head, too many questions, Just got me thinking, what's my question" -Question by Stray Kids

>>><<<

"You can, but..."
The pair exchanged eye contact before simultaneously saying,
"We're coming with you."
"Whatever kind of snooping around you're planning to do, we want in."
"We weren't-"
"Oh, stop it. They're smart, we need their help. There's no harm."

Renjun, who had been the one to object, sent Jeno a glare for interrupting him. He sighed, rolling his eyes but giving in. "Fine. Come on, let's go."

The two girls almost squealed in excitement, but Nari managed to first compose herself and nod. "Thanks. I mean, we are kind of the two people who actually know where they are," she pointed out.

"That's true," Jaemin agreed. "Well, it's getting late, so the eight of us should probably go home to eat dinner."

Misun nodded, looking a little disappointed that she wouldn't be able to embark on an adventure with the Dreamies that day, but knew that Jaemin was right. "Sure, we can go another time."

"Here, let's exchange numbers so we can contact each other, and in a few days we'll go visit Solhee's aunts."

>>><<<

"Wow, I'm kind of nervous to meet Solhee's aunts," Jisung commented from the back seat as he watched the scenery lining the road fly by.

It had been a few days since the Dreamies had first spoken to Naram and Misun. During this time, they had continued to observe Naram's actions and obtain more information on the lldracaena and Solhee's death.

"I am too-"

"Wait, did you just say ants?" Renjun suddenly interrupted Nari, sitting up straight in his seat where he had been slouching moments before.

Jaemin cast a strange look at his excitement. "Yeah, he did, and what about it?"

"He's pronouncing it incorrectly. It's totally aunts. As in, awnt," Donghyuck corrected the first year.

Renjun gave him a fist bump. "Exactly! It's what Professor Ten taught us!"

Chenle shook his head. "No. I have Professor Seo, a native English speaker from America, and he says it's pronounced ants. So it's ants, and both of you are wrong."

"No, Professor Ten is fluent in at least five languages. He'd never get it wrong," Jeno responded, joining the argument.

"Excuse me, but all of you are wrong," Misun interjected, finally summoning the courage to insert her own point of view. "Professor Chan says it's aunt." She pronounced the word in an Australian accent.

Jaemin sighed, shaking his head. "I'm with Jisung and Chenle on this one, it's totally ant. But it definitely depends on the teach-"

"No! Ahnt, is the right way, Aussie accents are superior, no debate about it," Nari responded, also joining.

"Yes!"
"No!"
"Ant!"
"No Jisung, awnt!"
"Ahnt with Aussie!"

"Aunt is such a weird word, let's pick a different one," Donghyuck suggested.

"Like what?" Renjun asked, obviously not finished with his little rants.

"I don't know, uncle?" Jeno suggested. The car again erupted into chaos, everyone either agreeing with the way he had pronounced it or trying to correct him into pronouncing it their way.