16

"Don't go anywhere, stay by my side. Even if I say that now, it's too late. I drew you even in my dreams, but I guess you just went and changed" -Don't Want to Acknowledge by Bang Chan (SKZ PLAYER)

>>><<<

"Solhee... s-she... she was such a good friend. Such a bright girl. You could never tell she was suffering, she was one of the strongest people I knew."

Jisung looked to the floor, recalling how broken the girl was the week Solhee committed suicide. He knew Naram well enough to recognize that she felt less and less genuine recently.

I should let her get her feelings out.

So, the male waited outside of her bedroom door. It was the first time he heard her speak of the late girl so openly. He couldn't just barge in, that'd be rude. Judging from her voice, Naram was too caught up with her emotions.

"Always worrying for her friends, her family, but she hid her own struggles. Internalized them while they slowly broke her down. So when she told me that she'd rather our friendship remain a secret."

At her sudden pause, Jisung lifted his vision back up to the familiar doorknob. The male contemplated making his arrival known, and he was just about to.

"So when she told me...that she'd..."

Nevermind.

"Maybe I should crack my voice in this part."

Wait... what?

"Internalized them blahblahblah. So when she told me that she'd rather our friendship remain a secret... Yeah. Yeah, I should make my voice crack here..."

Huh? Na-

"I'm so gonna lose my voice from all this practice, but it'll help the whole destroyed image... So w-when... when she told me t-that she'd rather..."

Jisung's breaths started getting heavier and heavier as he tried to make sense of the situation. Already panting, he turned to quietly bolt out of the girl's house as quickly as his long legs could carry him. The boy brought out his phone to type out a message

Me
sure
give me a minute to eat something
i'll start walking soon
Na|

"So, newbie. You can join the team. We won't even make you audition."

Naram Noo|

"Really? B-but Principal Kim had that whole thing ab-"

"Just hang out with us. Don't talk to anyone else, and we won't have any problems."

Naram Noona, I have t|
Naram Noona, I ca|

"What?"
"Yeah, cut your ties with those... stuck-ups."
"S-stuck... who?"
"The Dreamies, duh."

Naram Noona, I can't come|

"W-why?"
"Well, because they embarrassed us before. That's why. They act like they're all that and we're villains or something."
"Oh! I got an idea. Jisung, you won't have to audition for the team, but for your initiation, tell everyone the truth about the Dreamies."
"Hell, it doesn't even have to be the truth, tell the school they bullied you."

Naram Noona, I can't come over any|
Naram Noona, I can't come over, I have|
Naram Noona, I can't come over, my mom ju|

"What if I don't wan-"
"Then you'll have to audition to join us, and you'll have to do it even then, too."
"Yeah, and we'll make your training harder than it would be if you did it now."
"It really isn't hard. Hang out with us, ditch the Dreamies and expose them to the school."
"Dude, our rankings are going to seriously improve... this is the smartest thing we've ever-"
"Not in front of him, dumbass."