15

"I don't care if you act carelessly, When I'm into it, And I'm into it, Whatever you say you're still Best friend" -Best Friend by NCT DREAM

>>><<<

"I missed you guys so much!"
"Stop acting like we didn't see each other over the break."
"We're here again, huh."
"Yeah, did you get the new schedule?"
"Woah! We have almost every period together!"
"It's crazy how so many of the other teachers went feral on Naram and Principal Kim, though."
"Yeah, at least we're safe now."
"For now."

Burgeon had reopened and its halls were bustling with students once more. It was announced through Naram's most recent livestream. Every news station repeating it without end since. Principal Kim had joined her live online, from the safety of his home. Like the female student promised in her live, she updated her viewers on the situation regularly.

The school had opened again with the help of the governement. Every staff member who had nearly mobbed the pair was identified, and taken into custody for the time-being. Fortunately, Principal Kim had filed for restraining orders on behalf of Burgeon and its student body. If all goes well, the people who nearly became their assailants wouldn't be able to go anywhere near a student of Burgeon, much less the school itself.

The issue with lldracaena was that it was back and running. Some of the shareholders and teachers who refused Naram's proposition were still present and continued to actively integrate it and its perks into their classes. Fortunately, they were a minority. Not so fortunately, they abused their authority even more. They were basically reduced to power-trippers.

As much as the student body aspired to follow Naram's example, it proved to be tricky as the teachers sent out subtle hints at threats with each perk they implemented. If they didn't do as the "perk" entails, something else would happen. Most preferred to not take that chance, so they had to give in. It filled them with guilt. There was nothing much they could do, though. Naram actually didn't mind if they couldn't follow her requests, well-aware how scary it is to be put on the spot.

Principal Kim took it upon himself to take over lunch once again. It was less chaotic compared to last time, but the scene was rather similar.

>>><<<

Jisung was again in his room, bored with nothing to do. Because it was the first day of school after Naram's rebellion had put everything on pause, none of the teachers were really back into the swing of things yet, so he had no homework to do.

Just as he was considering whether or not to go downstairs and find something to eat, he got a notification that Naram had texted him.

Naram
Hey Ji
What's up?

Me
nothing really
no hw or anything so I'm just bored-

Naram
Same-
Since neither of us have anything to do
Wanna hang out at my house again or something?

Jisung smiled, glad that there was finally something to cure his boredom. And, after all, he had really enjoyed himself the last time he was there and definitely wanted to go again.

Me
sure
give me a minute to eat something
i'll start walking soon

He turned his phone off and ran downstairs, making sure to tell his mom that he would be gone for a few hours. He considered eating something like he had planned to, then decided against it, not wanting to keep Naram waiting.

I should probably let her know I'll be there soon, Jisung thought as he left the house and started on the route to his friend's house, pulling his phone out of his pocket. Just as he was about to type out the message saying he'd be there in about 10 minutes, his finger slipped and he accidentally scrolled up, their many past conversations being revealed.