10

"In a size that no one else could ever understand, You exist in my heart, I'll be your home, Ooh-oooh, I'll be your home" -Dear DREAM by NCT DREAM

>>><<<

"What's going on?"
"I have no idea..."
"Do you think it's about the party?"
"Is this what Naram meant when she said we'd find out today?"

"Students, you must be wondering why we're gathered here so early in the morning."

The words of the principal were greeted by loud yawns, nods of confirmation, exclamations of confusion, and a variety of other morning sounds produced by the students.

After everyone had quieted down, the principal raised the microphone again. "As many of you know, something happened over the weekend. One of our students, Naram, a third year, hosted a party at her house, and well, it didn't end as planned."

The whole assembly of students nodded, all aware of it already. It had been the talk of the school, everyone wanting as much information as possible.

"We thought we should inform you of what really happened there, and the events that occurred afterwards. I'll pass the microphone to Naram."

The students who had been half asleep while the principal was talking were now definitely awake, their full attentions focused on the girl who was stepping up onto the stage. She didn't look as lively as usual, which concerned many.

In fact, she looked anything but lively. Naram's hair was left down as if she hadn't bothered to do it at all. Her eyes were dull with prominent dark circles under them, showing that her past few nights had most likely been sleepless. The girl wasn't even wearing makeup, which was definitely unusual. Her disheveled appearance showed that the situation was definitely heavier than most students perceived it to be.

"Good morning, fellow-" Her voice cracked suddenly. The assembly of students knew that it wasn't the proper time to laugh at the girl, but a few of them couldn't help but let out a snicker.

Naram cleared her throat, then raised the microphone to her lips again. "Good morning to all of my fellow students. As Principal Kim so kindly mentioned earlier, something serious happened at my party over the weekend."

Murmurs rippled through the crowd, theories from the morning already having spread like wildfire. With a wave of the principal's arms, they quieted down, barely able to contain their impatience.

"Over the weekend, a girl fainted at my party. Her name was Solhee, a second year," Naram began. Again, the students began whispering amongst themselves at just those few words.

"Solhee?"
"Oh, she's in my math class!"
"Yo, what did Naram mean her name 'was' Solhee?"
"That's a good point, did something bad happen?"
"Probably."
"Dude, shut up and listen to the girl.

Naram waited for the craze to die down, taking a moment to recollect herself. Even the girl's name was enough to make her emotional. "The truth is, she didn't just faint. Solhee died."

"She died?"
"Yo, what?"
"No way, that's terrifying."

"Let the girl finish speaking," one of the teachers suddenly called out, somehow having gained access to a microphone. The chatter died down, everyone again waiting for the girl on the stage to speak.

"Solhee... She was my good friend. After we called an ambulance and sent her to the hospital, I was cleaning up the party when I found a note on a counter. And this note was from Solhee." Naram paused to wipe a stray tear from her eye, then continued.

"There was one wish on this note from Solhee. She asked that there would not be a funeral held in her memory, that we didn't draw too much attention to her death."