[3]

[Next Day]

At 8 a.m. Osamu woke up to the sound of his alarm going off. He groaned and picked up his phone, snoozing the alarm and turning on his side hugging a pillow close to his chest and nuzzling his face into it while he drifted back to sleep. Nine minutes later he heard his alarm go off and sighed sitting up and cancelling it as he stretched and rubbed his eyes.

Osamu looked at his phone to see what he missed while he slept, and saw a few notifications from a food review site. His eyes lit up as he quickly opened the app, excited that customers were already leaving reviews. As he looked at the reviews his eyebrows furrowed and his heart sank when he saw the 5 reviews were all negative, giving him 1-2 stars. Osamu carefully started reading through each one so he could see what the reviewers didn't like and became confused. One review mentioned how his pickled plum filled onigiris were too sour and tasted old, another mentioned how his miso beef onigiri was too salted and over cooked: he served neither of these flavors currently at Onigiri Miya.

Osamu's grip on his phone tightened as he realized how similar all of the bad reviews were written, figuring this must be Kimiko. Usually he would relax in bed for longer before getting up, but he ripped the blankets off and got up as he looked up the contact number for the site and spoke to a representative on the phone.

When he hung up a few minutes later he tossed his phone onto the bed and went into the hotel bathroom, turning on the shower as he took his clothes off. As the water was heating up he looked at himself in the mirror, running his fingers through his hair as he tried to figure what he could do to get Kimiko off of his back. He rubbed at his left shoulder, feeling the soreness from his trip to the gym last night. He went there to take out his frustration and swung a bit too hard at the punching bag, his mind too busy to focus on his stance and power.

Osamu sighed and walked away from the mirror, stepping into the hot shower and hoping that he would get the chance to talk to Kimiko today.

( ˘˘) 🍙 ( )

Kimiko had finished her morning food prep and was laying on the couch in the break room in her uniform, eating cereal out of the box and watching anime on her laptop. It had been an hour since she last posted a negative review on Onigiri Miya's food review page and decided it was time to post another, glad she had found a way to post from different usernames under her same email address. As she typed her negative review and went to post it, she got an error message back saying she was denied from posting. She quickly sat up on the couch and shoved a handful of cereal in her mouth and sat the box down on the floor, chewing as she tried to figure out what was going on.

Kimiko saw she had an email notification and opened it, seeing it was from the website, informing her her account had been suspended due to misuse and violating their terms of service. She stared at her phone in disbelief, opening the app again and seeing that all of her posts on the Onigiri Miya page had been deleted. She tossed her phone onto the couch and grabbed her box of cereal, leaning back against the couch cushions as she ate another handful, wondering what she could do next; or if it was best to give up.

( ˘˘) 🍙 ( )

[A Few Hours Later]

It was 3 p.m. and the rush inside of Onigiri Miya had died down and a few customers sat at the tables eating. Osamu wiped down the counters, feeling on edge because Kimiko hadn't done anything yet today. He had been waiting for her to retaliate after he informed Yelp of what she was doing, but he hadn't seen any mischief from her yet.