[12]

[Next Morning]

Kimiko eyes fluttered open as she yawned, stretching and rolling over on her side, reaching out to grab one of her squishmallows and finding none. She opened her eyes and looked around, realizing she wasn't in her bedroom, but Osamu's. She sat up and looked around seeing Osamu wasn't in the bedroom with her. Kimiko grabbed her phone that was on the bed, looking at the time and seeing it was 7:30 a.m.. They had been up for 16 hours the day before, and went to bed around 2 a.m.. She felt exhausted and wondered where Osamu was, and why he wasn't still sleeping.

Kimiko dragged herself out of the bed, stretching her muscles as she rubbed at her eyes. She opened Osamu's bedroom door and smelt the strong scent of coffee and bacon as she approached the kitchen. She saw Osamu sitting at the dining room table, stirring a spoon around in his cup of coffee while he peered down into the cup. Kimiko frowned to herself seeing how exhausted he looked, his eyes dull and tired, a deadpan expression on his face, wondering if he even slept at all.

What concerned her the most was the breakfast that was on the table: just scrambled eggs, bacon, and slices of toast.

Osamu lifted his eyes up from his coffee when he heard light footsteps, seeing Kimiko approach the table, her hair messy from sleeping, his shirt hanging slightly off her shoulder as it reached down to her mid thighs, his pants tied and rolled up to keep them from falling off of her frame. Osamu smiled softly to himself as he looked at her, thinking she was the most beautiful person he had ever seen.

He was sitting at the solo chair at the head of the table and Kimiko sat down on a chair on the side of the table next to him, looking up at him concerned.

Osamu gave her a small smile as he brushed some of the loose hair away from her face, tucking it behind her ear, "G'morning Kimi, sleep well?" He asked as he pulled his hand back from her face and rested it on the table.

Kimiko gave him a small nod as she watched him pour her a cup of coffee and slid the creamer and sugar towards her, "Did you sleep at all, Osamu? You look like shit," she grinned at him, pouring some cream and a spoon of sugar into her coffee.

Osamu chuckled lightly as he took a sip of his black coffee, setting it down on the table, "I slept a bit, too much on my mind," he said as he tapped his finger gently against her forehead before grabbing a piece of toast and eating it.

Kimiko put some eggs and bacon on her plate and ate them as she drank her coffee, "Are you alright? Do you want to talk about it?" She asked him, worry evident in her voice.

Osamu felt his heart flutter and looked down into his cup of coffee as he ate his toast, "Let's eat breakfast first," he said softly, grabbing a piece of bacon and eating it.

Kimiko felt herself tense as she ate, wondering what was bothering him and hoping that he was okay, concerned over the small amount of food he was eating.

When they finished, Osamu grabbed a tupperware container and put the leftover eggs and bacon in it, placing it in the fridge before washing the dishes. Kimiko sat at the table, watching him anxiously. Never once since they had started spending time together had she ever seen any food left over.

Osamu washed his hands and went back over to her, motioning for her to follow him out onto the balcony as he opened the door. Kimiko stood up from the table, slowly following him outside, her eyes squinting as they adjusted to the bright morning sun, feeling the heat already. Osamu walked over to her sliding door and opened it, letting Momo onto the porch, having already fed her. Kimiko smiled and crouched down as Momo ran over to her, stroking her fur as Momo walked between her legs before going over to her cat tower, jumping onto the top of it and stretching.