[18] 🍋NSFW

⚠️WARNING: soft smut⚠️

[Next Day]

Kimiko woke up at 6:00 a.m. to the sound of a truck out front. She groaned and placed a pillow over her face, trying to ignore the noise, but then she heard voices. She threw the pillow across the room and sat up with a huff as she rubbed her eyes, she looked over to the other side of the bed and got nervous since Osamu was not there. She stood up off the bed, the room dark as the sun was still rising and the curtains were closed.

Kimiko slowly opened the bedroom door a bit, and heard nothing but eerie silence coming from the rest of the house. She walked over to the bathroom door in the bedroom and knocked on it.

"O-Osamu, are you in there?" She said in a soft, nervous voice. Hearing no reply, she flipped on the bathroom light and creaked the door open, looking inside and seeing it was empty as she gulped.

The voices outside started to laugh as Kimiko shut the bathroom light off and closed the doors. She got down on her hands and knees and crawled over to the bedroom window. She kneeled in front of it and pulled the curtains open and lifted the blinds up a bit. She placed her hands on the windowsill and lifted herself up so just here eyes were showing as she peaked out.

Looking outside she saw 3 men measuring a corner of the yard as they laughed and talked to one another while they took notes. Kimiko's brows furrowed in confusion, unsure of who they were and what was going on. She lifted the window open a bit so she could try and hear what the voices were saying, but the sound of music caught her attention instead.  She peeked in the direction towards the other side of the yard and her eyes widened as her jaw fell open.

Osamu had a speaker on a chair near him playing a Linkin Park playlist. He was shirtless, only wearing short back gym shorts and a pair of sneakers as he was using a jump rope, jumping up and down along with it as he moved the rope quickly, his eyes closed. From where she was, in the rays of the rising morning sun, Kimiko could see the sweat glistening on his chest and abs, his hair pushed back. Kimiko swallowed the lump that had formed in her throat as she watched him while she blushed.

Since she had been off from work she had been waking up at 8 a.m., and realized Osamu must work out every morning before showering and waking her up. She glanced away from him and back towards the men in the yard, unsure still why they were there, but knowing it must be okay because Osamu clearly knew. She closed the window and the curtain and stood up, deciding to make Osamu breakfast for a change.

After 20 minutes of cooking, Kimiko finished making them each an omelet filled with bacon, cheeses, scallions, and peppers, as well as rice and mackerel. She opened the yard door, since the men had went back to the truck for the time being, and walked towards Osamu who had his eyes closed, having switched back to the jump rope after lifting weights.

Kimiko, who was squinting due to the bright morning sun that was rising, shielded her eyes with her hands when she was about 6 feet away from Osamu who hadn't noticed someone approaching. Kimiko took an inhale as she was now able to see him a lot closer, listening to the soft pants that escaped his open lips as he took fast jumps, watching as the beads of sweat dripped down his forehead, trailing down his neck to his pecs.

She found herself staring for too long and shook her head, reaching over to the music and turning it off. Osamu grew confused when he heard the music stop and opened his eyes. Seeing Kimiko in front of him giving him a small wave, dressed in her purple panda pajama pants, a black tshirt, and her hair half up in a ponytail. Osamu felt his heart flutter- a different speed from how fast it was beating from him working out. Having lost this concentration and pacing, he tripped over the jump rope and landed on his knees and the palms of his hands on the grass.