[21]

A/N: This chapter will summarize the next 4 days. Sorry in advance if this seems boring! I just really like researching all of these places, and seeing Kimiko explore a side of her country she never knew existed. Growing both closer to her heritage, and the man she cares about :)
_______________________________________

Monday

When Osamu and Kimiko woke up the next morning he planned to have a talk with her about how she wasn't allowed to drink alcohol until she turned 20. However, before Osamu could even talk to her over breakfast, he noticed how guilty and sad she looked- that she regretted what she did. Instead of lecturing her, he explained to her that he just wants to make sure she is safe and healthy, that her judgement isn't clouded. He told her he would no longer be keeping any alcohol in the house, and would never drink around her until she was of age- and until she fully trusted him.

After they finished eating breakfast they got ready for the day and got into the car and drove, Osamu keeping the destination a secret as they listened to music and drank coffee for the next 40 minutes. The trains weren't as fast between destinations as they are in Tokyo, and the train ride would have taken 40 minutes as well, so Osamu decided it was better, and safer, to be alone with Kimiko in his car- and we loved driving it.

Kimiko looked out the window and saw that they were entering Kobe, Japan. She didn't know much about the city, except that it was well known for Kobe beef, which she had never tried before. The first place Osamu took her was the  Kobe Nunobiki Herb Gardens. They strolled around and visited exhibits and learned about the history of the herbs and the garden itself. They got on a cable car and rode up to the top of the hill where they could see the vast scenery, full of flowers, herbs, trees, and the city of Kobe in the distance. As they walked down the hill Kimiko stopped and explained some of the flowers and their meanings to Osamu- something he loved hearing about. That was mainly why he kept taking her to gardens. He knew she thoroughly enjoyed him and was enthusiastic, and he loved seeing her like that and was growing fond of flowers as well.

They stopped at a cafe in the garden and got tea and snacks, and then went into the fields where farmers helped them pick an array of herbs they could take home with them and cook with- which both Kimiko and Osamu were ecstatic about. They explored some greenhouses and bought local herbal teas in the shop before heading to their next destination in Kobe, the Kobe City Museum.

Inside the museum they viewed an array of historical maps that showed different eras and regions of Japan, and Osamu explained some of the country's history to her. They then looked at artifacts from different countries that represented Japan's exchange with foreign countries. Kimiko and Osamu also viewed the Namban Art collection, which is a southern barbarian Japanese art style that developed out of the first contacts with western trade ships in the 1500s. As they also looked at various other art pieces and intricate folding screens that depicted various scenes, Kimiko focused on Osamu more- finding him the best piece of art in the museum.

As it started to reach late afternoon Osamu took her to Kobe Harborland- a shopping and entertainment district on the waterfront of Kobe's port area. The first thing he did was take her into Umie, a mall which contains over 200 various stores. Kimiko was overwhelmed and walked closely to Osamu, but he held onto her hand and ensured nothing bad would happen while he was with her. The pair browsed and shopped for nearly two hours while they chatted, and Osamu dropped their bags off in the car before they continued to explore the harbor land.

As the sun set they strolled along one of the main attractions, Renga Soko- Kobe's red brick warehouses from the 19th century. Kimiko held onto Osamu's hand as they walked around and admired the scenery. Kimiko felt like the pace was magical as it was light up with color string lights and filled with chatter and laughter of families and couples. Osamu and Kimiko grabbed Takoyaki and cotton candy and at them while they stopped and watched various street performances such as people performing skateboard tricks, break dancing, juggling, and playing various instruments.