[42] ⚠️TW's

⚠️ WARNING: emotional distress, arguing ⚠️

[2 Days Later; October 2, 2017]

Sakusa Kiyoomi sat at the kitchen island in the apartment in Shibuya, taking sips of his chamomile tea, typing and reading on his laptop. He finished the paragraph he was currently reviewing and let out a soft sigh, leaning back against the stool he was sitting on. He took off his blue light filter glasses and set them beside his laptop, running his fingers through his black curls and trying to relax his mind after reading so much legal jargon.

As the minutes passed his mind started to clear, a sudden loud snore snapping him out of his daze. He turned and looked over his shoulder at the couch where Atsumu slept on his back, one leg propped up against the pillows and his arms tucked behind his head. Sakusa smiled warmly watching his fiancé sleep, enjoying these peaceful quiet moments as much as he did their talks and adventures together.

Sakusa rose from his seat and walked towards the couch, grabbing the remote and turning the TV off since the movie credits were playing anyway. He crouched down beside Atsumu and looked over his face, the way his eyelashes fluttered against his cheeks as he slept, his chest rising and falling softly with each breath he took. Sakusa placed the palm of one of his hands against Astumu's bare upper chest, running his thumb delicately along his collar bone, grateful no love marks were left on him since he insisted on sleeping shirtless even though family was coming.

Remembering that, Sakusa picked Atsumu's phone up and looked at the time, seeing they only had a few minutes until the rest of the Miya's would arrive at 11:30 pm. Sakusa set the phone down on the coffee table and pulled the blanket draped on Atsumu's legs over the rest of his body, brushing his bangs back and kissing his forehead gently before standing back up and going into the kitchen. Sakusa began to brew a fresh pot of tea, knowing they would be tired from the five hour train ride from Hyogo to Tokyo.

Sakusa and Atsumu had already been at the shared apartment in Shibuya for a few days, having had volleyball games nearby and preferring to stay in the comfort of a home over countless hotel rooms. Wanting the family to be in one place, he and Atsumu also fully furnished the third bedroom for Karin and Toshiro, as well as any other guests they or Osamu and Kimiko had.

While the tea brewed, Sakusa picked up his cup and took a sip, leaning against the counter and looking out the floor to ceiling windows at the bright city lights below. He assumed that when the Miyas arrived they would go right to bed after having some tea, knowing they were all exhausted. Karin ended up working an overnight shift at the hospital that went on into this morning, giving her not much time to rest before the train ride. Toshiro had to fit a week's worth of business calls and appointments into two days- having the rest of the week off to support his son and daughter in law. Osamu and Kimiko worked at Onigiri Miya in Hyogo this morning to close the shop for the week, but given the panicked phone call Sakusa received at 12 pm he knew that wasn't going well.

Sakusa was told by a coach during training that his phone was buzzing in the locker room- Sakusa promptly excused himself from the court to check it while Atsumu scurried behind him. He saw he had a few missed calls from Osamu and called him back planning to scold him for interrupting when he knew they weren't available until after 3 pm, but the tired and faintly distraught tone in Osamu's voice changed Sakusa's mood.

Osamu asked Sakusa if he could please go over the paperwork and necessary documents that needed to be filled out before Kimiko's meeting with the lawyers tomorrow- the two of them not being able to. He quickly explained that Kimiko had been a wreck all day, crying hysterically at times and having angry outbursts at others- spending the majority of the shift in the break room while Osamu worked in the shop. He was used to working alone so that wasn't an issue for him, but knowing she was so upset about having to face aspects of her trauma again was eating him up inside. There was no way he would be able to go through the documents since after work would consist of consoling Kimiko and packing, and she was not in the right mindset to do it herself.