[30] ⚠️TW's

⚠️WARNING: mentions of physical/sexual abuse, miscarriages⚠️

[3 Days Later]

At 7 p.m. on Wednesday, after having worked at Onigiri Miya for 8 hours, Osamu and Kimiko arrived back at their apartment in Shibuya. Osamu walked into the kitchen and put their bags of groceries down and unpacked them while Kimiko turned on some music and fed the cats. They had decided to expand their culinary abilities and grow their experience in different cuisines, so tonight they planned to make chicken tikka masala and samosas.

After 30 minutes of working in the kitchen Osamu had the chicken simmering in the tikka masala sauce they made and was currently making the dough for the samosas while Kimiko chopped the vegetables beside him. Osamu glanced over at Kimiko, noticing how she was wiping sweat off of her forehead with a towel even though the apartment was cool and she wasn't near the stove. He paused what he was doing and looked at her more closely, seeing her complexion was pale.

"Kimiko," Osamu said in a soft voice as she turned and looked at him, her eyes glassy. He raised his arm and placed the back of his hand on her forehead, surprised to feel her skin was cool, "Are ya feelin' okay?"

Kimiko nodded and turned away, going back to chopping the vegetables. "I'm fine, Osamu. I think the smell of all of the spices is getting to me," she replied as Osamu nodded and resumed his attention to the dough and began to shape the samosas.

"Fuck!" Kimiko shouted minutes later. Osamu, who was at the stove, quickly slid the pan of oil to a cool burner and went over to Kimiko. She was clutching at her hand swearing under her breath, blood dripping from a slice on her finger. Osamu reached over and grabbed a paper towel and placed it over the wound, wrapping her other hand around it.

"Apply pressure, I'll be right back," Osamu said, rushing across the hall to the bathroom.

When he came back he set the first aid kit down and picked Kimiko up by her waist and sat her on the counter. He opened up the kit and held her hand in one of his, taking the paper towel off and gently cleaning the wound while she sucked in a sharp breath and winced. Osamu knew she was skilled with a knife and had never once cut herself while working with him at Onigiri Miya.

He grabbed a bandaid and secured it over the cut, thankful it didn't seem like it needed any stitches. He washed his hands in the sink before returning to her and closing the kit, noticing how she was looking down at the floor, her face still pale. Osamu carefully lifted her off of the counter and held onto her hand and led her to the living room. He sat her down on the couch and leaned down, placing soft kisses on her forehead.

"You sit here and rest, I'll finish makin' dinner," Osamu said, expecting her to put up a fight. However, Kimiko nodded and leaned back against the couch and looked up at the ceiling. Osamu frowned to himself and patted her knee before going to the kitchen and resuming cooking. He wasn't sure what was wrong with her, and worried that maybe she was coming down with a cold. Kimiko seemed fine all day at work, but ever since they were at the grocery store her demeanor started to change.

Osamu finished cooking the samosas and set them on some paper towels to drain while he made them each a plate of rice and chicken tikka masala, impressed by how good it looked. He went to the fridge to grab them each a can of soda and saw Kimiko jump up from off of the couch, both of her hands placed over her mouth as she ran to the bathroom. Osamu shut the fridge doors and rushed after her, seeing her on knees in front of the toilet throwing up.

He dropped to his knees behind her and gathered any loose hair and held it while his other hand rubbed circles on his back. Osamu frowned when he felt her body trembling beneath his hand, listening to the sound of her heaving. When she finished throwing up Osamu grabbed her a cup of water and gave it to her. Kimiko rinsed her mouth and spit the water into the toilet as Osamu took the cup back, setting it down on the counter and flushing the toilet.