The Kidnapping

I tried my best to wash the blood and it's odious stench off of me in the Royal baths and got dressed into a clean dress.

The farthest away from the colour red and not a super fancy, formal gown either. I buried the dress in the ground somewhere behind some bushes. Along the way I heard some guards mentioning an intruder in Yuri's room was killed right by my brother's bed. I gulped as I lay the last pile of dirt down then I sighed, before I stood up I noticed Yuri head for the stables in hurry and out of curiosity. I had to follow him. I finally caught up with him to see he was instructing a stable hand to ready his horse.

"Yuri, where are you going?" I asked confused.

"Oh good morning Rina, Conrart and the other's are getting ready to travel to town to investigate who stole the jewel of the Demon King, so I'm going with them" he smiled, excited.

I turn my back for a night and I find my brother in another messy situation...

I smiled back as I whistled for Rain and readied her for travel, causing Yuri to groan in annoyance.

"What? You're coming too!".

I tightened the saddle straps and double checked they were secure, "Yuri, don't question me, going outside the castle with your status is too dangerous. I won't forgive myself if you got kidnapped or worse".

"But Rina-".

I turned my head sharply and glared at him, "this isn't a game!".

Yuri flinched and backed off a bit, the look in my eyes must have brought the message across as Yuri yielded and agreed with me.
As we rode to the front gate, the guys had their concerns too about Yuri coming along but I reassured that he was safe as long as their had faith in their own abilities to protect his majesty. There was squabbling about that smug guy that was trying to kiss up to Yuri when we first arrived in the Demon Kingdom.
What was his name again?
Whoever he was he caused the war and power struggle between the humans and the demon tribe and we had to make sure that we didn't make the same mistakes as twenty years ago.
I just hope we don't get into anything dangerous.
When we arrived at the entrance of the town, I climbed off Rain and patted her neck as Yuri got ready into his disguise.

"You're getting carrots and apples tonight, Rain" I cooed sweetly as I stroked her nose.

Rain grunted and nuzzled my hand as I rested my head on hers, giggling happily.

"Boy, Rina I knew animals loved you but I didn't know they loved you that much" Yuri said before putting in his contact lenses.