The Great One and Julia

Greta looked on in amazement and anticipation as I was reading the ninth chapter of Eragon that evening.
After encountering Pochi-aire and his mother, I couldn't help but pick up this book before I left for the hot spring after I accidentally twisted my little brother's ankle.
Although I was trying to save his life.
I was reading some to our new friends, Greta and Hube, while Nikola went to get more water.
Hugheb, who was in a comatose state after the scrap he had with us and was lying in bed, Yuri forgave him since he was a friend of Greta's and Nikola's lover and father to her unborn child.

"Eragon clutched the elf tightly as they skimmed over Gil'ead, then left the city behind", I read aloud, "and veered eastward, soaring upward through the night".

I closed the book after reading the chapter and looked up to see the worried look on her face as she leant on the edge of Hube's bed. I giggled.

"Don't worry dear, if it makes you feel better she comes out alright" I smiled, reassuringly.

She sighed in relief and leant back in her chair, "that's a relief, I didn't want Saphira to be seriously injured".

"I admit when you asked me to read you some of this, I was worried it would frighten you, were you scared Greta?" I asked, clutching the book on my lap.

She shook her head with a smile, "nnmm, it didn't frighten me at all. It was so exciting listening to you read about dragons and this dangerous adventure, Auntie Rina can you read me some more, please?".

I looked at her skeptically then looked outside, "I don't know, it's getting quite late".

"Please, just a little more. I wanna know what happens next" she pleaded.

She looked up at me with her big, doe eyes and I ended up melting.

Oh my God, I think I'm gonna die off cuteness...!

Hehe, I wouldn't go that far. But I admit she is rather adorable...

"Alright, just a little more and then you'll go to sleep, right?" I said with a smile.

Her eyes lit up accompanied with a smile,"Alright!".

I giggled and carried on reading a couple more pages but when I looked up Greta was already asleep. I smiled at her cute, sleeping face and closed my book before I stood up from my seat.
I looked over at Hube, who had been sleeping the entire time. I gently brushed some hair out of his face and stroked the burn on his left eye, the small blue light of magic emanated from my hand for a few moments then I lifted my hand from his eye.
The burn was already starting to fade, I know it wouldn't go away completely or the sight of his eye would be restored but it was enough that it wouldn't bring him pain anymore. More like it would sooth him while he slept.
Ulrike's teaching helped me so much, it became natural to practice whenever I could.

"Rest well Hube, Nikola needs you" I whispered softly.

I quietly walked around the bed and covered Greta up with my shawl before I left the room, gently closing the door behind me.

I smiled away, twirling one of my curls around my finger as I silently made my way back to my room. It wasn't long before everything turned red and my body wasn't my own. I dropped my book and began to walk back down the hall way and somewhere along the way I had picked up a sword from one of the weaponry rooms. I couldn't talk, I couldn't stop what I was doing.

What's happening to me?! Why am I moving on my own?!

I'm so sorry, Rina...

I could hear Julia crying as I continued down the corridor with the sword tightly gripped in my hand.
It was there that I saw Hube walking around and in front of him was Conrart and Yuri. Hube was about to cut down Yuri but I was too fast for him and blocked his swing. I could hear Yuri and Conrart gasp in shock as I pushed Hube's blade away which ended up knocking him back a few feet away.