Your Name is Demon King

"I guess we're out of leads" I whined as I leaned against the tree, feeling a little deflated, "we're never going to find it".

We had been searching for the box with Lyla's help all day, it was a sake jar holder, a little girl's desk, an old shepherd's... box?
Before we knew it, the sun was starting to set but we had time to ponder about where this box could be and take a break from all that walking.

"Yeah, you're right Rina but then again I think the box should stay here", Yuri suggested, "after all without the right key it's just an ordinary box, it's seen so many people and their different lifestyles and no one has suspected it of being a dangerous and forbidden object".

"I suppose that's true, what better place to retire and never be used or feared again than in a quiet and beautiful, not to mention unsuspecting country," I remarked in a monotonous tone.

"That sounded slightly backhanded, milady" Yozak smirked, his arms crossed accompanied with a smirk.

"No, not at all. I'm merely stating the truth" I explained, glancing at Lyla coldly, "don't you agree, Lyla?".

Lyla flinched then glared at me before turning away, "you all must be tired, I will find you lodgings".

"The box is all I think of" Hube interjected, seriously.

"I will ask about it immediately but for now you all must get some rest" Lyla replied, insistently.

"I'll come with you", Yozak offered.

"No, that's alright. By your leave", She bowed and then turned to leave.

And with that Lyla was over the bridge and gone, she was suspicious, to say the least. It was clear she was the brains of the country while the King was just a figurehead, so who knows how she'll plan to get rid of us.

"I don't know about that woman. Something weird is going on", Yozak stated coldly.

"Don't tell me you're getting soft on a girl now, I don't believe it" Yuri teased, casually.

"Oh come on, don't be-".

Murada shook his head, making Yozak change his statement as he jokingly remarked, "well it's rare to find a lass who isn't soft and mushy, I sure would like to compete against her, if you know what I mean".

"Oh, I see~".

I giggled a little, shaking my head, "you're all just as bad as each other, honestly".

"Come on Rina, haven't you had a crush on a guy before?" Yuri asked, teasingly.

I was taken slightly aback for a moment as I thought of Conrart, before smiling forcefully, "I think living in a house with three guys and one woman has turned me off the whole subject of romance. I think loving my family and friends is more than enough for me".

"Oh is that so?", Yuri replied, "dad would probably be relieved hearing you say that".

I sighed as I put my hand on my hips, "he really would. I almost feel sorry for the poor guy having only one daughter".

Yuri and I laughed while everyone except Wolfram and Yozak smiled with us. The strawberry blonde only patted me on the shoulder, comfortingly. It's funny how Yuri didn't notice what Yozak was trying to do.
Later we made it to the local Inn but Günter was already talking about who would stand to watch first.
Yuri was getting upset that no one was going to rest.

"But sire, messengers from Big Shimaron have already crossed Francia's border" Günter insisted, worriedly.

"You mean Conrad is here too?".