The Great Escape

Pleasant trip, huh?

I sat on an overly lavish couch with my back straight and my hands in my lap, slightly annoyed.
Stoffel and his companion, Raven, had just tried to persuade Yuri on to their side. Stoffel is arrogant as described, just by meeting him that one time you can tell he was power mad and could start a war if he had the power to do so.

He's just a spoilt brat playing toy soldiers!

Now, now Rina there's no need for name calling...

But he is!

I looked over to find Yuri talking to himself as he kept digging through the wall with a spoon.

"They can't keep us here, I'll just dig my way out with a spoon" Yuri said irritably, "this is the royal road to jail break!".

I smiled sadly then, with a sigh, I got up from my place on the couch and just rested my hand on his digging one and put the bracelet from before around his wrist, "there's no use doing that Yuri, trust in the others. They haven't let you down before so they won't let you down now".

Yuri looked at the bracelet slightly amazed then back at me, "thanks Rina".

Suddenly someone was jimmying the lock, I gently nudged Yuri behind me with my hand on the hilt on my dagger, the door opened to reveal Yozak in a maid outfit.

I covered my mouth to keep me from a laughing, "how nice it is to see you again Yozak and so unexpected too".

"What? You knew it was me?" Yozak exclaimed surprised as he looked down, "damn it, my lipstick must be too pale, what a fou pár".

"That's the least of you problems" Yuri replied, crestfallen.

"We girls can catch up on gossip later", Yozak handed us maid uniforms, "here put these on".

Yuri and I hurried into our disguises, I placed my folded dress in the bucket Yozak had and tucked the dagger down the front of my maid outfit, I giggled at Yuri and wished I had a camera.

"Wow your majesty, pink is very you" Yozak complimented.

"I wish mum saw you now, she'd be so happy that she'd start taking photos" I giggled inwardly, holding my stomach.

"Shut up! Never mind mum, imagine what Wolfram would say if he saw-".

"Quiet!"

Yozak pushed us back up against the wall, there were soldiers talking about being prepared since soldiers from Covenant Castle were marching towards von Spitzveg land.

"Wait, what does that mean?" Yuri asked quietly as the soldiers ran down the corridor.

"Yuri can we talk about this after we escape?" I asked sadly.

"But why? What is it so bad that we have to wait until later?" Yuri asked confused.

"We're going to war" Yozak replied sternly.

"Yozak!".

"WAR?!" Yuri exclaimed in a panic, I immediately covered his mouth with my hand.

"Shh, do you wanna get caught?".

"But why a war?" Yuri mumbled into my hand.

"Because you were abducted, that makes Stoffel, what?".

Yuri looked up at me, his teenage brain trying to think up an appropriate answer to my question, alas he just mumbled, "I don't know".

I sighed then I shook my head with a small smile, "an enemy to the crown, he committed treason Yuri".