I See The Light

Today was a stay in day, everyone was staying indoors and doing their own thing. I, however, felt the need to go out on a ride and give my best girl exercise cause my big, strong girl likes going for a gallop once a day.
Maybe later read a book under a tree and have a small picnic by myself, I need a break from the demon tribe for a while.
A picnic could take my mind away from being home sick.

Self care is important... healthy body, healthy mind...

Rina, you're stalling...

I'm not stalling, you're stalling...!

Indeed, I was stalling, my hands gripped on to the saddle as I was about to mount on to Rain. After all, I don't know my way around the Demon Kingdom and this would be the first time I've gone out on my own like this.

Haha.. I'm so pitiful...

I started distracted myself as I made sure I had everything in my satchel for the eighth time, looking sheepish.

"Book, picnic food, a couple of apples for Rain. Then again, that might be a bit too much food for just me...".

"What are you doing?".

I jumped out of my skin and screamed as I turned around to find Conrart looking at me confused as he waited for my answer. I looked at him crestfallen as I thought of the right way to answer him.

"I was just going to go for a ride with Rain and have a picnic somewhere nice...".

"You've been standing here for quite some time".

I flinched as I cringed slightly that he caught me out, I leaned back on to Rain, "there's nothing wrong with being prepared".

Conrart chuckled then asked again, "but there is such a thing as being over prepared, are you perhaps stalling?".

I flinched again causing Conrart to laugh harder, "with that expression, I will take that as a yes haha".

I laughed sheepishly as I turned back around to the satchel, "well since you're so concerned about how long I've been standing here in the courtyard, why don't you come along and enjoy the scenery?".

"I was actually on my way out myself, so I don't see why we can't go together" Conrart replied with his usual smile.

I blushed slightly at the thought of spending the day with Conrart and no one else from the castle. It left me kind of flustered but I tried to compose myself and smiled happily before turned around to face him, "Alright, why not".

Conrart's POV

I could read Rina like a book as she composed her quickly before facing me again and still her cheeks showed a pink hue on them as she smiled up at me.
I smiled down at her.

She has such a beautiful smile...

Then her smile turned into a smirk, she was trying to act confident in her weakest moment.
I smiled more.

She's as sweet as a lily...beautiful but poisonous..

So we rode out of the castle and after a while Rina asked me a question, "Conrart, where are we going?".

"Well, I was on my way to a construction, the off duty guards are helping me build something that Yuri might like" I replied shyly.

"Build something? But what?".

"You'll see when we get there", I began to ride faster, my horse galloped like there was lightening at his hooves.

She laughed and ended up riding faster than me and even surpassing me with a smile on her face, the worries from before seemed to melted away and was renewed by a joy she has never expressed before.
It wasn't long before we stopped at the edge of the village, I was still trying to keep up.
When I did finally catch up to her, I admit I was feeling a little worn out, she giggled at my defeat.