Günter vs. Conrad

After leaving Caloria, I took my time thinking over Conrart's actions and what was the cause of them, I even had conversations with Julia about the situation, and in every conversation, it sounded like Julia was breaking down her resolve.

Julia, I don't understand it but I wish I could...

It's not Conrart's fault, Rina...

I am under the impression that the Great One is behind all this...

I wish I had the power to tell you, my dear Rina...

That means yes...

I started to tear up as I was washing dishes in the sink thinking about how alone Conrart must be feeling. We finally return to continue our mission of retrieving the boxes that contained the Originators. Gwendal was so apologetic for what Conrart had done, that he even begged Yuri to receive Conrart's punishment not as the charge of Yuri's security but as Conrart's brother. Yuri kept insisting that it wasn't his fault and that he holds no blame for anyone.
But Gwendal still insisted he take the blame, his head hanging low in shame. I shook my head with a sigh then I looked at Yuri and gestured to Gwendal as if to ask, 'may I?'.
Yuri nodded with a small smile, I stepped in front of Yuri and held my hand out to the older brother.

"Gwendal, please get up".

He looked up at me and I just smiled at him warmly, "no one is to blame, now stand up. You're head of House von Voltaire, for goodness sake".

Gwendal looked at me with wide eyes, his eyes seem to be searching for some sort of explanation for my unwarranted kindness, after a moment he composed himself and took my hand to stand up.
I smiled more brightly, giving his hand a gentle squeeze before I let go and patted his shoulder, "that's better, I'm far too used to you towering over me like this. Now back to business!".

I was trying to be positive, too much the group's confusion but I was trying to be strong and hold what pieces of my heart I have left together.
We learned that the second box was in the country of Francia after hearing rumors that seemed to be confirmed from Yozak's special sources.
We made our way to Cavalcade, one of the few countries that can do business with Francia. An envoy, Mr. Heathcrife, would be joining us. When we reached land, I was gently rubbing Wolfram on the back as he was hurling chunks into the sea.

"Honestly Wolfram, you're too delicate" Celi commented, "you need to toughen up if you expect girls to like you".

"How about next time we put a pickled plum on his naval, that should do the trick" Murata suggested.

"I doubt they have pickled plums in this world" Yuri replied, matter-of-factly.

"There, there Wolfram. Do you want me to find some bread and honey, it seemed to help last time?" I asked tenderly as I stroked his back.

"Did that work Rina?", Celi asked curiously, "when was this?".

"When we were on our way to retrieve Morgiph", I replied, smiling more up at her.

Celi stood there thinking for a moment before a bright light twinkled in her eyes to indicate she had come up with an outrageous idea.

"Say, Rina, why don't you marry Wolfram instead?" Celi proposed to me, "you both would make a beautiful couple and I could have such an intelligent and beautiful daughter-in-law".

"Mother!" Wolfram cried before spewing more of his guts into the sea but I could just about see a like pink on his cheeks.

My smile turned a bit sheepish but jokingly played along, "Celi, I wouldn't dare. He's engaged to my brother".