Chapter 32

Kyra

"Hey" I mumbled to Allen slipping into a barstool in the kitchen.

He turned to look at me with wide eyes  "do you know what time it is?"

"Yup"

"D - did you have a - "

"No" I answered before he finished his sentence

"Then what the fuck are you doing up at this time of the day?"

"My alarm went off early" I mumbled "I'm hungry"

"When are you not?" I rolled my eyes and got off the barstool to make myself a bowl of cereal. I noticed how Allen was behaving weird, one of his hands was in the pocket of his sweatpants and his eyes kept darting around nervously. "Are you okay?"

"Y - yeah why the question?"

"Well you're acting strange"

Allen didn't say anything and he didn't meet my eyes either

"Are you doing drugs?"

"Jesus! No! Why would you even ask that?"

"You're acting like someone who was almost caught doing crack or something"

"Well I'm not" he retorted loudly which just raised my suspicion but I didn't question him further.

I opened the fridge to grab the milk for my cereal and some strawberries

"Really Allen?" I asked

"What did I do this time?"

I held out the almost empty container of strawberries, Allen smiled guiltily

"Would it kill you to just throw it out?" I asked opening the container to find only two strawberries in it and they didn't even look fresh. I pushed the plastic to him "throw it out"

"You do it"

"I'm not the one who put an empty pack back in the fridge"

"I left two in there, so it wasn't empty"

"Whatever, just throw it out"

I turned back to the fridge to get another fruit to take with my cereal and I settled for blueberries.

I hopped on one of the islands and began to have my breakfast while going through my phone, Allen stayed quiet throughout which was really awkward because he couldn't ever go two minutes without saying a word.

Something was obviously wrong and I was going to get the bottom of it, just not now.

I was busy texting away with Harvey when I heard the loud buzzing of the intercom and I nearly jumped out of my skin.

Allen chuckled and went over to answer it.

"Who is it?"

"Mason"

I felt a smile tug on my lips as Allen let him in.

"It's just Mason"

"I know, I heard" I deadpanned

"Jeez, no need to be so rude about it" Allen said.

I ignored him and kept on texting Harvey till Mason walked in with a smile that made my heart flip

"Looks like someone's up early" Mason said. I dropped my phone on the counter and smiled at him

"Hey" I said as I let my eyes sweep appreciatively over his form, he was in a grey shirt that hugged his muscles in all the right places and the silver dog tag which he never took off hung from his neck. His hair looked messy as always but it seemed as if he had tried to style it today but it still looked messy all the same. He looked good enough to eat.