Chapter 33

Kyra

"Kyra," I looked up from my pile of homework to see Allen leaning against my door.

"Hey, what's up?" I said turning back to my pile of homework

He walked over to me and dumped a stack of papers in front of me "they need to be finished by tomorrow"

"Why do you think I'm going to help you with your homework when I have mine to finish?"

"Because I'm your brother and you love me?"

I gave him a pointed look and looked through the papers "how are you even sure I can solve this?" I knew I could but he didn't have to know that "it's college math"

"Deck isn't home right now and you're the only other smart person I know" I raised an eyebrow "I know I complimented you, don't get so cocky about it"

"For someone who needs my help you sure are rude about it"

"Will you help me or not?"

I looked at my homework and they weren't due till the coming Thursday "what's in it for me?"

"I'll do whatever you want me to do, just help me out"

"Alright"

Allen let out a sigh of relief "you're a life saver" he said "thank you"

✴✴✴✴

I had spent hours working on Allen's homework and I had barely made it halfway through.

"Kyra Lebedov!" Fay said storming into my room

"What is it?"

"You forgot didn't you?"

"Forgot what?"

"You were supposed to be at Mona's two hours ago"

"I was?" I asked confused then my eyes suddenly widened in realisation "I was" I scrambled out of my chair "Mona's going to murder me. I can't believe I forgot"

Fay and I had promised to spend the entire day with Mona to help her get her mind off everything that was going on in her life.

"Oh she is beyond pissed" Fay said

"Not helping" I said slipping on a clean pair of light blue jeans, the green sweater I was wearing looked okay so I kept it on then I slipped into a pair of white vans. "Let's go!" I said pulling Fay from my bed

"Easy with the merchandise"

I ignored Fay and continued pulling her till we got out of my house

"How mad do you think she is?"

"Not much probably, she had a lot to drink last night"

"She ended up going to what's his name's party?"

"Yup and it didn't end well"

"What happened?"

"Kent happened"

"Oh no, what did he do?"

"Asides making out with a girl despite knowing she was there, he did nothing. Mona didn't take it too well though and she made it really obvious by drowning herself in bottles of alcohol"

"Poor Mona, Kent's not being fair to her" I said remembering what Aiden told me days ago.

"If you ask me, him moving on that fast is really suspicious"

You have no idea

✴✴✴✴

"Finally! I thought you guys would never show up!"