Chapter 8

Kyra

When I got home I wanted to do nothing more than crawl under my covers and take a really long nap. The water fight with Aiden had really worn me out plus Mona had grilled on what Aiden and I were talking about and I had outrightly lied to her face but she had no idea it was a lie because that's how lies work, right?

"Hi, bye" I said trudging past the kitchen

"Wait a minute" Emilia said "whose sweatshirt is that and why do you smell like cologne?"

Shit, I was still in Aiden's sweatshirt, he made me wear it after our fight "it's Aiden's" Deck's head shot up immediately

"Who's Aiden and why are you in his clothes?"

"He's a friend and if you really must know we had a water fight and he forced me into wearing this so that I wouldn't have to catch a cold"

"Sounds like gentleman" Emilia said

"Yeah gentleman" I snorted. Deck huffed and returned his attention to his laptop but knowing Deck he wasn't satisfied with the answer. All my brother's are super protective of me, most times it's sweet but other times I hated it to the core, I could hardly do anything without them butting in but that was just how they showed they cared and I loved them for it but sometimes they went over the top and over the top is not what you need when keeping a low profile. I passed by Greg on my way to the elevator.

"Hi Greg" he had been on a month leave and he had just resumed

"Good to see you again Kyra" he said

"Good to see you too" I entered the elevator and I went to my room straight away. I took of my sneakers and discarded Aiden's sweatshirt and my sundress into the laundry bin then snuggled into a clean pair of sweatpants and shimmied into an over-sized white t-shirt that belonged to one of my brothers. I cozied myself under my warm sheets thinking of a beautiful set of ocean blue eyes and I fell asleep thinking of Mason.

✴✴✴✴

"Hey, sunshine" Mona said leaning on the locker next to mine.

"Hi" I pulled out my Hamlet copy and walked to my literature class with Mona whilst whinnying about my creative writing homework. I took the seat between Tyler and Aiden while Mona sat on Aiden's other side. "Just so you know I'm never giving back your sweatshirt"

"Fine by me, I have so much already" Aiden shrugged and Mona scoffed "you've seen my closet"

"And I've seen Kyra's, she has enough sweatshirts and hoodies for everyday of day of the year"

"You're exaggerating, I have just about fifty"

"Just about fifty" Mona repeated "no one is allowed to have that many"

"That's their headache" I said

"Settle down everyone" Jamie said entering the class

"But we're all seated" Tyler pointed out

"Good for you" Jamie replied harshly

"What's up with you?" Mona asked

"Are you on your er you know" Aiden said and Jamie's eyes widened in horror

"Kyra, please spank him for me" Jamie said

"Gladly" I said spanking Aiden at the back of his head.

"God that hurt"

"It was supposed to" Mona spanked him again

"What was that for?" Aiden asked rubbing his head

"Oh nothing" Mona said sweetly