Chapter 24

Kyra

I woke up to a pounding headache and a really unfamiliar bedroom. I tried to remain calm and recall what exactly had happened but all my memories of last night were blurred. I tried standing up but an arm was hooked around my waist holding me flush against someone.

Then I started to panic

How did I get here? What happened last night? Please tell me I didn't have sex with a stranger.

I looked down at myself to see that I was still in my romper, so no, I didn't have sex but what the heck happened.

The person's grip loosened and I quickly rolled away but then I landed on the floor with a thud

"Shit" the person mumbled "are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine" I looked up to find a very familiar face looking down at me

"How did you even fall off?" Mason asked helping me get back on his bed "the bed is fucking king sized"

My head was hurting real bad, so I just laid back on his bed

"You okay?"

"No, it's like there's a parade of kettledrums going on inside my head"

"Welcome to my world" Mason muttered "I'll be right back" he said leaving his room. He came back with a bottle of water and some painkillers "it'll help with the headache" so I sat upright to take the painkillers

"Thanks" I mumbled "could you tell me exactly what happened last night"

"You don't remember?"

"If I did I wouldn't be asking"

Mason tapped a finger to my forehead and I slapped it away

"Do you want the compromised version or the actual truth?"

"Which one wouldn't make me hate myself?"

"You got drunk"

"But I don't - "

"I know but the drinks you took last night were spiked, then Aiden  took you to meet the gang - "

"Gang?"

"Figure of speech, then Reese got you drunk then I found you and brought you home"

"Oh God" I mumbled into a pillow, Mason must have noticed my discomfort because he started patting my back gently, then he started drawing odd circles on my back which was oddly soothing "why didn't you just take me home?"

"Cause I wanna live"

"Huh"

"God knows what your brothers could have done to me if I had taken you home in that state"

"Was it that bad?"

"You almost puked in my car"

"Sorry" I mumbled

"It was actually fun to watch you drunk"

"You are seriously twisted in the head" I said

"Plus you sleep so peacefully, almost like a baby"

"Peacefully?"

"Yup and before I forget" Mason reached over to a drawer and pulled out my phone "I turned it off because your brother wouldn't stop calling"

"Allen?"

"Yeah" Mason went over to his trophy case, may I add that that boy had a ton of trophies. "Here's a toothbrush and there's hot water if you want to take a shower"